Looking to buy a rs250

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Reece Gunning, Sep 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi I’m new and am currently on the lookout to buy a rs250 just seeing if anyone has a decent one for sale cheers!

2. For unlimited money you can buy anything you want.

Sometimes its better to give an indication of your budget, it might turn someones head thinking of selling.

Reece Gunning likes this.
  3. Looking to spend around 9k if I can pick something decent up for that drive looking for something with less than 85k

4. My advice is to buy on condition, not mileage. What you want is a car with a recently changed cambelt, waterpump and associated bits and plenty of life left in consumables (tyres, brakes, oil).

You dont want to spend 9k and then end up spending 3k more shortly after.

danmc_82 and Reece Gunning like this.
  5. Thanks man I’ll keep an eye out for these things

6. Try not to be put off by modifications. I found a standard car, but would have saved me a few bob buying one with those bits done already.

Remember to test the diff. Not all meganes had a LSD, only the cup cars did as standard, so if you are looking at a cup car, take it to a roundabout, and ask them to hook up the LSD. You will feel it drag the car in the direction of travel.

alternatively, put one wheel on some wet grass and give it a boot.

7. Thanks mate , I dunno weather to go the cup route or just get a higher spec’d rs250 as it will be a daily for a little bit

8. If you don't get the diff, you will only want one the first time you understeer off the road in a ball of flames.

mines a daily. 40 miles each way.

9. You can find a Cup with some creature comforts optioned back in I believe, like climate control.

10. also dont forget the rs 265, bit of extra poke :smile:.

Mines a non cup rs 265 with the cup pack which includes the LSD. So you dont have to have a "cup" you just want to make sure its either "cup" or "cup packed".

I would highly recommend the cup or cup packed over standard and if you can get one with the optional recaros then your on to a winner :smile:

Mr Spoon and Reece Gunning like this.
  11. Cheers mate I’ll have a look into this !

12. yes the recaros are something i wish i had....

D7DPJ and Reece Gunning like this.
  13. Mine will be up for sale soon once private plate has been removed, although will be up for more than 9k

14. How much will yours be?

15. Will be up for 13k ono

imprezaworks likes this.
  16. Cup chassis is an absolute must imo, you'll just regret it if you don't. The diff really makes a difference. I found the cup chassis surprisingly compliant, that was with 18's though.

17. Was looking at this one, what do people think , pretty low spec but comes with climate control and it doesn’t really matter about seats cause I wanted to put buckets in anyway

Attached Files:

18. Best colour

19. Amazing colour