Long crank before starting

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dave77, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Link to video as it won't let me upload in here https://m.facebook.com/groups/meganesport/permalink/10158950436429233/

So.. My car is cranking too long before it starts,2011 rs250.. video attached, once it starts its runs 100%, strong boost, normal temp, no smoke etc. I changed the slave cylinder on Saturday, but it started and ran fine afterwards, so I don't think this is related in any way. It is throwing codes, but they seem random, p2088, p1141, p1135, p0340, p0130.
    Ive checked wires into ecu for damage
    New battery
    New cam pos sensor, as the old one was brittle and broke taking it out to clean it.
    Checked all fuses
    Cleaned sensors
    Primed fuel pump a few times before starting
    Have a IAT sensor ordered

Any help would be appreciated before I take it to an auto electrician

Thanks
    IMG20210119205105.jpg IMG20210119205101.jpg IMG20210119205057.jpg

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

2. Had exactly the same issue with me. Try fill her up with 95 octane. If it starts without issue, it means you have weak sparks. Go ahead and check the spark plugs, if it looks fine and gapped properly, next thing to do is to change the coil plugs. Mine was sorted after replacing coil plugs.

3. Hi, did you ever work this issue out? A friend of mine has 2012 RS250 with exact same error codes and hard start. Swapped out the following parts from my RS with no change (fuel pump, coils, battery, cam sensor, crank sensor, cam solenoid). Checked harness as best as I can, looks fine. Don’t know pinouts of cam sensor so didn’t want to risk damaging ECU by measuring for power/signal. I’m thinking maybe blown fuse in engine bay not supplying power to all things related to errors. Hopefully not ECU damaged

4. Resolved, blown fuse engine compartment F14 or F11 depending on model. Fuse supplies power to cam sensor, cam solenoid and both o2 sensors. New fuse not blowing but possible o2 sensor problem caused it if it happens again will replace them