Locking wheel nut adapter

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by meso100, Oct 19, 2013.

1. I just tried to take my wheel off to check pads and my locking wheel nut adapter has split! There is another adapter in the pack but that's split as well.

[​IMG]

Can I get another one from Renault that would be a perfect match or are they all unique to the pack they came with?

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. Nick

Nick RSM Moderator

Renault can sort you out, I ordered a replacement ages ago

3. Rough price if you can remember mate? Are they made of tin???? Can't believe how easy it split. Think it needs to be used with a gun as opposed to the standard spanner supplied in the boot!

4. You shouldnt have them that tight mate, thats why.

should be able to order new ones if you still have the coding on the box

5. It was REALLY tight mate. Blame the guy who changed my tyres last month! Just found another but from another meg but it doesn't really fit. Guess they are all a bit different...

[​IMG]

6. Yer thats the idea. If you have the code on the box you can order replacements.

Garage would have air socketed it on, which sucks, but yer shouldnt be overtightened cos the aove happens or the actual 'shape' on the nut breaks!

7. Cheers.

What's your thoughts on the discs and pad clearance here as I am getting feedback through the brake pedal and assume it's the pads. Do discs look ok?

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Nick

Nick RSM Moderator

not a clue, I remember I didn't need the code out the box, the dealer got me a replacement with out

9. Mine where about 30quid iirc