Lockdown Detail

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Gareth, Apr 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Treated the car to a full detail today and the first since September last year.

I had planned to take photos of the whole process but completely forgot! Didn’t even get before pictures!
    My process was:
    Pressure wash, snow foam and Billberry the wheels. Agitated all difficult areas with a brush and allowed to dwell.
    Rinsed, washed (2 bucket method), a second snow foam and rinse.
    Auto Finesse Aqua coat
    Rinsed and dried.
    Clayed using Halfords own clay (excellent stuff for £5!)
    Auto Finesse Ultra Glaze
    P21s to finish.

9A246FBB-06AE-421E-B0DD-B48906BE7F25.jpeg 8ACC60E7-2BF2-4A58-9360-8D419DD7034A.jpeg 63397DD0-957E-4A2B-A560-78F34C409E64.jpeg 8F2577D3-6842-4B85-9718-25166507B5D6.jpeg

I really need to do a full correction on it but being a key worker I’m still at work 5-6 days a week.

2. Looks good, I miss having a nice car and doing this kind of thing.

Think I'll give my Van's a proper detail if I hit some downtime in the coming weeks.

Gareth likes this.
  3. Looks good. Did mine last week and my wife's car today, bilt hamber clay, Meguire's 105/205/wax. Finally got the courage to use my DA polisher that I got about 2 years ago. Pleased with the result. Also spent a hour sanding my headlamp with 1500-7000 wet and dry and meguire's plastixr. Not sure what got splashed on it but it really marked the plastic headlamp cover.

Gareth likes this.
  4. My headlights are marring at the top but only very slightly. I’ll tackle it at some point. As you can see from the pics the passenger rear light is full of condensation (cracked lens) so I need a replacement.

5. 5A86C25D-826A-4A5A-B007-62DAC53C5EB3.jpeg 49E19B0C-1C18-4E0A-990F-D24F3441E4EC.jpeg

Attached Files:

RsMarley likes this.
  6. Gave my car a little spruce up as well.
    autobrite snow foam, washed and then a coat of auto finesse triple

7. 40C0950F-9E05-4368-BB2E-EF5A3A8F1D3E.jpeg

RsMarley and ianplymouth like this.
  8. Think i need to find some different snow foam, the stuff i have falls off before i have finished spraying the whole car, so no chance it will say there to do any work.

9. Autobrite lance and 500ml bottle of magifoam on amazon for £36 ish. Love it :smile:

10. Thanks
    will look into finding some, i don't buy anything from Amazon

11. What snow foam do you use now Ian? How much snow foam do you use? Do you dilute with water?
    Best I’ve used is Auto Finesse Avalanche or Valet Pro PH Neutral.

12. It’s not a typical amazon product just happens to be available on there. Can also get from most car detail products websites also can buy from auto brite direct :smile:

13. That was actually avalanche that I used but only cos my mate had my bottle of magifoam. It was ok but the magifoam does come out better. Also depends what lance you use. This autobrite one together with there own foam works a little better I think.

I put 2” in bottle then fill with warm water

Gareth likes this.
  14. Carplan Demon foam :pensive: comes with its own sprayer attached to the bottle, just plug in a hose pipe.

Was told it was good stuff, but its obviously shite, as i said before i'm not into car cleaning as much as you are :laughing::laughing:
    If yu speak to 100 people i bet you will get at least 75 different answers as to the best stuff to use is :openmouth:

Gareth likes this.
  15. Yeah that stuff is awful ha.
    Obviously it’s all down to opinions and experience.

ianplymouth likes this.
  16. I might go and collect my car later, will give me something to do over the bank holiday weekend :cry::cry::cry:
    Mind you i have nothing much to clean it with :disappointed:
    Much rather be out driving it, is it essential travel if i need to run it in :laughing::laughing::laughing:

17. I think that’s classed as essential :tonguewink: I’m waiting for a delivery of new cleaning products but they’re taking ages (as expected)

18. Its really strange, my posted some stuff to her Daughters on Monday it arrived Tuesday morning :openmouth:

I want to send off a parcel, the shop won't take it but the courier says there still delivering :confused:

I'll just have to get the washing up liquid out for cleaning the car :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Only joking :grin::grin::grin:

19. This is 1/3 of the bonnet, it's going to be a long afternoon!

Attached Files:

20. ha ha ha why what else have you got to do, was going to collect mine, but i think i will wait till the weekend, it not going to be so warm and as it a black car it will dry to quick an still look shite :openmouth::openmouth:

21. Never use those clay bar. Don´t have much patience too but, looking your cars, maybe I should to try...
    That kind of foam never seen here. Is for cleaning or any treatment for the car body??

22. I'm still at it :neutral:

Actually come up quite well! Need to sort the bumper now because 1, it has no lacquer so is matte and 2, is held on with cable ties and is hanging off lol.

23. Damn that bumper looks bad now :flushed:

Attached Files:

Gareth and manugtt like this.
  24. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: Holy shit! That is you can get with the clay bar?? And how often do you do it? I´m terribly boring washing the car:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
    Look perfect man, congratulations!

25. It's far from perfect lol!

It was more than just clay, the process I did was:
    Wash
    Wipe over with thinners (revealed some crazy things)
    Wash
    Clay
    Wash
    Polish with orbital (relatively aggressive compound but really lightly)
    Glaze with poor boys black hole
    Seal with fk1000P

The car is 15+ years old and I'm the 13 owner, it's really beat up and has had paint work all over! I'm amazed it came out so well.

But the clay is 100% worth the effort, you'll be amazed at how much dirt comes off and how smooth the paint becomes.

manugtt likes this.
  26. Clay removes all contamination, i clay my car every 3-4 months but you could get away with every 6 months. It’s just time consuming but definitely worth the effort.

manugtt likes this.
  27. Yours is white isn't it manugtt?

Have you not noticed all the black dots around the wheel arches? Some tar remover and clay will get rid of all of it.

28. I’m now having to order some new car shampoo as my son (4 years old) spilt my nearly full bottle of FinishKare 118SC in my cleaning trolley :weary::triumph:. Bloody nightmare to clean up!

29. Yes man, I noticed:weary::weary: Good to know, only for that I´ll try, in fact, just order one clay bar! Promise pics.

Oh Gareth! I suppose the trolley get very clean:tonguewink:

Gareth likes this.