265 Link to reduce eninge movement?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, Aug 5, 2015.

1. I've seen somewhere (thought it was on KTEC's site) an uprated link to reduce engine movement under load that improves gear change action too but I can't find the thing anywhere! Can someone point me in the right direction? its like a short bar with two 'mounts at each end at about 90 degrees to each other iirc.

2. Great thanks!!

3. Im in a need of that part also. Can someone point which one of those two is better or there are no big difference? As the price is almost the same, im leaning to K-Tec side as it feels like more Renault related place.

4. I think I'll do the same and go to K-TEc but I am fitting uprated pads and brake fluid tomorrow (not cheap) so you'll probably beat me to this mods. I'd be interested to see how you get on. As its only 2 bolt I assume its an easyish DIY job?

5. I ordered the vibratechnics one today purely because that's what I have read good feedback on but presume they would be as good as each other

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Both the mounts are the exact same, VT make the K-tec ones.....

7. Easy peasy to fit. The stock mount can be a bit fiddly to remove, but no problem if you have a lift/pit to get access to the underside!

8. fitted one myself few months ago, easy enough but need to remove three other bolts and part of structure to access one bolt on original arm, the new arm increases cabin vibration a tiny but noticeable amount, after couple days you've forgotten about it and really makes gear change more positive.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't need to remove anything else, At least i didn't. Get under the car and its easy enough to get access to the two bolts that hold the mount in. Remove them then i found using a breaker bar to lever the engine/box forward and the OEM mount just drops out. Uprated one fits in a lot easier.

I would recommend using a lift or similar though to do it as the bolts need torqued fairly high.

10. I resisted levering engine forward as it puts undue stress on zorst system joints around the downpipe but its quicker than removing the surrounding structure, each should decide.