R26 Limp mode 'check injection' 'check ESP'

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by LiamR172, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hi all... i was driving along the road tonight and the car cut out on me, then got warnings on the display when i restarted it, and was in limp mode...

Drove a bit further and it cut out again but wouldnt start. I sat at the side of the road for a few mins then tried again, it fired up alright so i tried to get home quickly, (2seconds along the road) i made it into the carpark and was just about to park when it cut out again.

I had a look under the bonner, im not mechanic but everything looks as it did before, i cant see anything broken or the likes.

My injectors are dirty though, which is causing a slightly lumpy idle.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Liam.

2. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Best get some diagnostics on it. Got breakdown cover?

3. Negative!

Got some new spark plugs today, getting it plugged into a computer tonight so hopefully that will fire up a code so i can get it sorted out!

4. Money is on crank position sensor.......
    Lee

5. Where is that Lee? And is it possible to give it a clean up and refit or will i best replacing it?

Computer came up with this code when it was plugged in first, but it went away and didnt come back! 7e9unehe.jpg

I think its only happening when im in the lower revs, its so random and happens quick i havent actually noticed, seems to be when im slowing down or pulling away though!

6. I would be checking for loose sensors in the manifold

7. Map sensor is on top of the plenum.
    Crank sensor is on the front/bottom of the gearbox. I think they are only £40 new so best to replace.
    Lee

8. It keeps flashing up saying 'check injection' and it seems to be happening at low revs..

As if its stuggeling to get fuel or something!

9. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

N75 valve?

Check the boost pressure sensor in front of the battery aswell

10. As mark said, there are two MAP sensors.

A friends F1 had a fault code like this, and couldn't rev the car past 2000rpm.

It looked as if the car is choking, not fuel cutting but choking!

Turned out to be a sponge that got sucked when his open cone filter fell! :smile:)

F1 2.0RS likes this.
  11. Decided to put the car into renault for diagnostics. I cant be arsed chucking money at sensors and injectors etc only for them not to solve it.

Ive got warrenty aswell so ill stick it into renault and they can phone the warrenty company when they find the fault!

12. Been onto the renault CLIP and its showing up as a TDC sensor fault, is that the crack sensor on the gearbox?

Would cleaning it make any difference while i wait for renault to order the new one in?

Thanks

13. Yeh its the crank sensor on the gearbox, never know it cause issues like that, maybe worth cleaning thou.

14. Thats what renault are saying and its going through warrenty hopefully, as long as it sorts the car then i dont mind!

66 quid for diagnostics though :worried:

15. What did I say......... First page. :smile:
    lee

16. Haha! Thanks Lee. Is this lilely to be the cause of my problems then aye?

Second question, is it hard ti change for a retard like myself?

17. 1 m6 bolt & a multi pin connector. About 5 mins to change. It's on the bottom front bell housing.
    Lee

18. Is it easier to get it from under the car? I had a look from above last night and couldnt see the sensor, was dark mind you!

Thanks for the help :smile:

19. yeah sure the same fault on dash cam up on my meg, boost pressure thingy near batt.
    just cable tied it up for now so it secures enough vacuum, i lost abs and everything when it pop'd off everytime i boost.
    over rev'd automatically

jay