225 Limp mode......asr/esp warning

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mike_snowdon, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Hi,
    What can I say, after a spirited drive up hartside the other day the meg225 kicked herself into limp/safe mode with asr/esp warning on. (Saved me really as turned a corner to find the law sitting there but due to the limp mode just kicking in 40sec before I was doing a nice 50 )
    Turned her off and it all reset itself, started and drove normally,
    It's now the second time the car has done it and only when full throttle has been used. (Car runs great)
    Have a knocked a sensor or something??? Oh battery was off last month??

Any ideas or fix's

Thanks Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. my mates one was doing exactly the same thing at Spa, turns out it was a coil pack.

3. Thanks
    Really?
    how did you find that out? As I'll change it if I know it will fix it! It's really annoying as the 225 is flying but then just said no....

4. It was mine but it was check injection. When I got home put it on clip and stated cylinder 1 & 2. Swapped coils and seemed to clear but sits on my drive for weeks without being driven so could also of been lack of use!

5. i get this. mine is the esp light and spanner and starts making a machine gun noise and no power. had all the coil packs changed, alternator, spark plugs and one faulty injector changed. and still does it.

6. When does it do it?? After full power? Or just random?
    Is your car mapped?
    Machine gun noise I think is the limiter as it won't Rev in limp mode.

7. I'm still getting this, with check injection for about 1 minute before the asr/esp warning.

Only get when car driven hard.
    If not cars perfect and you wouldn't know anything wrong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I had this. Fault code reader showed boost control valve failure which is the n75 valve. Replaced 3 weeks ago and problem hasn't returned.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

mike_snowdon likes this.
  9. Just found part number if it helps. 8200702990 - SOLENOID VALVE

10. It could be a number of things. Main ones are coil pack, injectors, N75 solinoid.

I had it in mine and it was the sensor for the air con just after the radiator, took it off cleaned it, its not come back yet

mike_snowdon likes this.
  11. Sorry? A sensor for the air con system? I'm experiencing this fault myself now, but what connections does the injectors havenwith the air con?