R26 Lifespan of Vibra-technic/KTR engine mounts?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Can anyone advise what kind of lifespan they'd expect from a set of Vibra-technic/KTR engine mounts? Trying to work out if my vibrations at idle are normal due to the uprated mounts, or if they are in their way out. The mounts have been on the car for around 3yrs/30k

2. Have they always vibrated badly or got worse over time?

3. Pass, I've only owned the car a few months so I I'm completely in the dark as to whether it's normal or not for these mounts.

4. you do get a fair bit more vibration on idle, i've never heard anyone having one fail up to now. Are all the mounts uprated? mine was pretty bad when i first fitted the upper kite mount and the same for the gearbox, ktec said to leave the upper torque mount off, which makes the vibrations worse, if you don't have one fitted , get one on, it does calm it down a bit.

5. Excellent, thanks for the info. The upper engine and gearbox mounts are definitely uprated, not sure if the lower stabiliser bar has been replaced will have to double check through the invoices. Will also check if the top bar has been removed. I've got invoices from Ktec for over £5k worth of work that they carried out on the car on 2014 so if they recommend leaving the top bar off then there's a good chance it's not there.

The vibrations aren't too bad, but being new to the car I'm just getting my head round the mods that have been carried out and their positive and negative impact. That way I can make a decision on what to stick with and what to replace in order to end up with a car that fully suits my needs.