Leaky oil pipe

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by andypower, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Could anyone tell me what this pipe is and why it's leaking oil.

renault Megane 225 2007

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

2. Crankcase breather/vent pipe it looks like.

It sucks crankcase vapours out of the block and into the intake to be burnt off.

If its leaking it may just be that the pipe is perished and no longer a tight fit - Try a hose clip on it or inspect and replace if its perished/cracked.

3. Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah it looks and feels really loose. No effort to get it off at all. I was worried because of the oil

4. Does anyone know where to get these parts. Finding it hard to search for the pipe

5. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

im sure ive got a spare at home - ill look tonight and let you know

6. Mine wasn't leaking but I accidentally pulled it off when I was fitting my silicone intake pipe. I was quite surprised how easily it came off and the fact that it didn't have some sort of clip on it already. I just stuck a small jubilee clip on mine and it's been fine since.

7. Cheers mate

8. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

the valve that goes into the induction hose keeps it from coming off usually so stays on well enough, have replaced mine with a samco equivalent and thats nice and tight

9. Cheers Cayman, so I shouldn't be overly concerned that it has a bit of a oil leak.

after getting my injectors cleaned the weekend the car idles great and pulls well. Had the cam belt done last week too and the rocker cover gasket sealed again and the garage said its a great car