Leaking/weeping gearbox Mark 4 RS Trophy 300

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pootle, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Hi All
    After some advice, my mark 4 was up on the ramp this week (not at Renault) and was advised there is an oil leak (they called it a weep) from the auto gearbox which has meant that oil has appeared on the plastic cover on the box.

Short version of the story so far is -
    - warranty expired 3 weeks ago but it is going into Renault anyway to see what they have to say (expecting nothing to be said and they will charge me the diagnostic fee)
    - The guys I take it to have seen 2 other Mark 4 gearboxes (manual ones) with less miles than mine (Ive done 24K ish) and they have had to be replaced/rebuilt and Renault didn't wanna know even though one go them was deffo under warranty.

Basically I wouldn't expect (and the guys I take it to said this also) to see this happening on a car that is just 3 years old.

Any thoughts/advice welcome, I am not mechanical btw so I know very little about the gearbox etc! (I think its the same one that is in the Mark 3s)

Thx!

:-)