Leaf stuck in heater - doing my head in!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Daz, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Daz

Daz

It's killing me this now!

I've had the filter out (which is pretty much brand new) and low and behold there was a shed load of leaves in the system - god honestly knows how they got there!

It's making such a bloody racket though - it must be sat on the fan as it's speed dependant - I've had the vac up it and tried blasting it all around but I can't get to it!

It must be pretty close because if you put your head in the footwell and near where the filter is it's at it's loudest.

What else can I remove to get to it? Are there any diagrams floating around showing where the various parts are? I'm not sure just using the system is going to clear it that's the issue!

2. could just let the leaf dry out to a crisp and the fan should just destroy it mine was the same but once a took the pannel filter out it went away lol

3. Daz

Daz

The ones that came out were nice and crispy lol.

Gonna take the glove box out next week if it's mild and prod and play :smile:

4. Mine made that noise I had to put it on full blast a few times, it goes after about a week or so :smile:

5. Daz

Daz

Good to know!

6. Have you tried running the fan at full blast without the filter in? That cleared mine, but did leave the drivers foot well looking like an forest floor.

7. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

got one in mine that makes a noise now and again.. Annoying bastards!

8. Daz

Daz

Yeah I did that first.

9. Knowing Renault this was probably inserted as a no cost option when built.

After taking out the airbox in my Clio I found 2 French cigarette butts carefully placed in an almost inaccessible hidey hole. Upon checking my original documentation I realised that I hadn't ticked the on the "Smoker Pack" option so can only presume it was included in error and for free.

10. Daz

Daz

Well I threatened it with a blast of air at work and it's seen sense and fixed itself now - happy days!