Sponsored By:  

Latest: Nurburgring track upgrades and changes 20 march 2016 - video

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by R26Man, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Hi All,

I was at the Nurburgring Nordschleife today with my RS250Man1.jpg for the opening of the 2016 season track days. As many people might know there has been a lot of work to the track over the winter and although today was just above freezing, wet and foggy I did get some laps in and tried to film them to give an idea to any visitors this year what to expect of the track changes.

Lots of resurfacing which has changed the camber profiles slightly and also a big change to "Flugplatz" and the two following right-hand apex bends. The "jump" has been removed to make this section safer and faster for race cars. The brow now goes from left to right across the whole track.

"Brunchen2" has a replacement rumble strip that could be quite aggressive and one to watch for!

On the video https://youtu.be/9_UIftMM3-0 you will see the "foxhole" under yellow which is from a major oil spill yesterday by one of the VLN cars on the first day of practice.

Hope to see some of you over here soon!
    Cheers
    Changed from R26Man to RS250Man!

2. Hi Paul,
    you will have to show me the way around there one day soon

3. Why not after Spa in April??.....I know your Dad is keen to do it again...

4. Tempting, i'll look into it and let you know, one of the lads coming to Spa is going so may well tag along.

5. The 2 days we are there, its open from 5.15pm until 7.30pm. Full day, Saturday.

6. Hi Arthur,
    I am planning to come over to Spa on one of the days you are there.....just to get a ride in the passenger seat!!

7. If we would Get a later train,I will be up for it

8. do you mean later on the friday ian? i'm up for that, might even stay over and come back Saturday.

9. Yes mate leave early Friday morning from spa be at the Ring for 9 and then a trip back late evening.

10. I'm up for that

11. Well Paul if you are there on that day Shot gun for the first lap out clean pants awaiting to be soiled

12. Hi, The Ring is open on the Friday from 17:15 to 19:30 so you could have a lie in!!! Alternatively come across earlier and check out some of the activities like the visit to the G.P track and old pits... late lunch quick siesta and to the track for opening. Normally 4 hours door-to-door from the Ring to the tunnel in the evening.....best time to go as the rush time traffic is over.
    Cheers
    Paul

13. No problem....got a seat cover for the passenger side!!

14. Thx for posting - we normally do 2 trips a year with a few friends.

Funny how vids of driving there in the wet seem very slow when in fact you're always at the limit of front adhesion under braking/acceleration and lat grip everywhere else.

15. We will have to hang around on the Friday,for the evening session, OR stay Friday night, and do Saturday. Do Remember, laps are quite expensive. How much is a lap these days Paul?.

16. I see its 29 euro lap,this comes down to 24 euro lap for 9 laps, but the ticket cost for this can be shared among different cars. Might be nice to do the Saturday.

17. On the Friday there is the METZELER REINOLDUS LONG-DISTANCE CUP (bikers) on the Gran Prix circuit if you had an interest and wanted to spectate. Then a session on the Nordschleife in the afternoon.

If it's possible then I would REALLY recommend a stay over on the Friday (here's where I used to stay.)

http://www.lindner.de/en/nuerburgring-drees-ferienpark/welcome.html

The whole three bedroom house would be €99 for the night. Two doubles and one single room, sitting room and kitchen. Restaurant for breakfast on site. Then you could use as much of the Saturday as you want to get a full experience of the track especially morning driving......you also get to hang out in the car park and see some amazing cars and choose a more relaxed time to return to the tunnel to suit....just a thought.

I also have a 9 laps left from a card from last year which you could have from me at last years prices as I have a "year card" now.