Lap of Nurburgring Nordschelife following 1320 turbo R53

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by odinson, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Quick mini! Love the Meg though! Got one on order.

2. Cracking lap man.

3. Audi drivers, don`t you just love them.:tongueout:

4. Nice lap, thanks for sharing.

5. rofl, not read this before I watched but pretty much what I thought.... though it was less polite in my head.

6. Great watch. The acceleration from the Mini is scary!

7. Fully forged HTA28 turbo converted r53 its rapid

8. christ that mini is impressive!

9. I was being polite aswell.

10. Initial conclusion: Megane handling negates loads of Mini power, Gt86 driving negates both Mini and Megane.

11. That audi driver!?!?!?

Deserved the illegal overtake. He could see you were quite clearly quicker ffs.

12. Yes he should have let the Meg through earlier but I think a RH overtake on a TF day in a UK reg car is very brave. Some would say not very clever but it worked... Happy days!

13. Yes I followed him around this lap as I'd seen him do lap after lap all day so thought I'd follow him. Megane straight line grunt would allow me to pass but he drove that car very well

14. What kind of BTG time do you get from your cat, Matt? It's running c. 300bhp isn't it - do you lap sub 8 on a clear lap ?

15. I've only done like 15-17 laps, 1st time in my meg I did 8.24 the car has sub8 in it all day I just don't know the track well enough yet

16. Going well for that amount of laps, and lines look good. I assume you drive Tf out there and just take the risk on insurance, but if you want to get further into it then look at booking up a track day out there and seeing if there's a local that can sort some tuition - i took it from Dale Lomas when he worked at RSR, did the same at Spa as well, but there's plenty of good guys

If you've got "ring fever" then check out the forums on northloop.co.uk - lots of regulars that have been going for donkeys years and a good bunch of guys

17. Yes I am planning a track day there. Thanks I respect the place and know knowledge is key but will come with more trips.

A friend of mines uncle does loads of ring track days in his gt3 and invited me out there with him so will hopefully learn some more

18. Where are you based? I'm off there in September with Destination Nurburgring - 2 day event, should be good. Worth checking out :smile:

19. I'm se London/Kent mate

20. I'm in SE London/kent a lot ! Me girlfriend lives there

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  21. I'm in Welling near Dartford