225 lacking on boost ! feeling very sluggish

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pavandeeplalli, Feb 23, 2020.

1. as totals states my megane 225 feels very sluggish, absolutely perfect on tick over, nice steady idle no usual slight miss fire or “burp” that these r26/225 usually suffer with.

it’s almost like it’s not boosting to full potential, almost like it’s being strangled thought it was a collapsed cat so changed the cat for a decat and car is still the same power wise. no error codes are detected.

any idea what else it could be? no obvious sign of a boost leak or any tears in pipes

i’m thinking it may be a crack in the hot side of the turbo as i see this is pretty common

Attached Files:

2. Could be the actuator playing up. I had the same symptoms a while back, a new actuator sorted it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. I bought a new Forge Motorsport one, cured the problem immediately, think they're around £175 ish. Good luck!

5. Check the injector, normally it should make the things you write but better check it twice....

Disconnect all 4 ignition plugs

Measure your bottles empty

Get 4 bottles and let the injectors spray in for 7-8 seconds.... Wait 30 seconds to let the starter cool down and do it again.

Then Check the weight.

It's not really a good test because you can't measure what's going on at 3000 rpms but it could be an indicator for a problem there.

Better option which could safe your engine (see my posts what happen if injector fail =p)

Search on eBay or somewhere else a service for injector cleaning and let them clean them.

If that not fixed the problem you anyway do something good for your engine and it cost just around 50Pounds.

After that, I know you doesn't want do hear that but you should test the compression. Doesn't need to be low but it could....

6. i’ve have injector problems before on these r26 and the problems are not the same. i doubt its the compression of cylinders as it’s running 100% with no misfires etc. just it does not boost hard as it should. going to try and get it smoked tested to see if there are any leaks

7. Maybe the diverter valve is cracked / it leaks pressure.

I got the forge copy from turkey. Awesome quality, full steel. For 40-50 Pounds it's awesome. Can't see a difference to the forge one

IMG_20200103_215629.jpg IMG_20200103_215743.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Oh okay

So you want first to change the solenoid?

And check the cat over the lambda hole with eyes or a micro camera :grin:

10. changed n75 valve and recirculating valve with blanking plate still no good

11. Actuator!!!