R26 KW V3 & CGR Top Mounts

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Conoboy, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hello everyone!

I'm looking to upgrade the standard R26 suspension and after a quick search in the forum, I haven't found any definitive answer for me.

I'm looking for the KW V3 and CGR top mounts combo for 50/50 street and fairly serious track use. Maybe the Nitrons R1 would siut best for me?. I've heard AST 5100 are a bit on the stiff side, even for track work but I haven't tried them. I also wouldn't like to have to reduce height by a lot to have decent performance.

What do you think, from anyone experience?

Thank you!!

2. i have AST 5100 for my 205Mi16 and found it very very good, not too bumpy but still can handle very well on the track. i also have the KW V3 for my E89 Z4, probably is due to the weight of the bimmer, i have to compromise the comfort for better controlling.

one of my friend is using the "INTRAX" with ARC option for his Civic Type-R FK2 and he highly recommends it. so i will probably go for Intrax when time comes for my Megane

https://www.intraxracing.nl/en/prod...+ii++-+megane+rs+2+-+2nd+gen#partfinderanchor

3. Sounds like a very good alternative. I'm wondering how will be the maintenance schedules are for such a high-end product.