KW Clubsport Experiences - tell me your stories

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by RS_Jamie, Nov 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi all. Looking into KW Clubsport suspension and I was wondering what experiences people have had with them? Positives? Negatives? Recommend them? Thanks in advance.

2. I`ve had them fitted for a couple of years now, car doesn`t do many miles (not a daily,as have another car/ bike). When i initially received them, they had a couple of faults (locking plates for camber adjustment were bent, some tw*t who assembled them had cross threaded the the holes in the swivel plate that sits under the camber plate), another negative is the locking grub screws that strip the plastic from the spring platform. Other than these issues, they perform well, but probably ott for a daily drive, unless money is no issue. Probably give something else a go if these have any issues in the future.

3. It’s more for a daily driver but also for track day fun. Hoping to do one a month really and make the most of them

4. Hi, are the KW Clubsports too hard/harsh for daily driving? on their softest settings.. Thanks!

5. If you are using on a road mostly perhaps go for V3, I have Clubsports on mine, on German roads it is fine, but on the UK roads its pretty terrible, thankfully I don't drive it here that much :smiley:

6. I've had them on my RS250 for 2 years now. It's not my daily drive - predominately a track day car. Springs 70 front and 59 rear, with helper springs.

Certainly not comfortable, but bearable for short drives, even with 235/35/19.

The improvement on track with KW Clubsports was huge, even with cheap RS4 235/40/18's - see video regarding how good. Particularly ability to set camber at 2.5. If you're going to the track don't bother with any coilovers that don't have camber plates.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Ung1tzGffWHNZmB7

7. I had KW clubsports on a Meglio, and I now have AST5100 on the R26, and personally, the AST give a better ride on the soft, or harder settings, BUT, different suspensions, different cars.

8. Ordered a set last week but won't be here for 6-8 weeks - car used pretty much only for track days and travelling to and from. Had them on my E36 M3 and they were great on track but harsh on the road, but I never bothered to soften them off as I didn't want to risk spoiling the setup

9. I've only recently bought my car which is equipped with Clubsports, but I think they feel great on the road.
    No stiffer than alot of new hot hatches.