R26 KTR induction kit vs modified OEM airbox and panel filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Jan 25, 2018.

1. My R26 currently has a KTR induction kit fitted but I'm trying to tailor the mods that were fitted to the car when I bought it to suit my requirements. In a bid to quieten the car down a bit I've already replaced the Forge dump valve with a Properfekt recirc valve and I'm now thinking of replacing the KTR induction kit with a modded OEM airbox and uprated panel filter. The question I have is will I miss out in anything or sacrifice any power by doing this? My other fitted performance mods are a Forge intercooler, 630cc injectors, 3" KTR turbo back exhaust system and KTR remap. The current induction noise isn't offensive, so if replacing the induction kit has a noticeable negative effect I'll leave it as it is, however if the differences will be minimal then I'll probably go for it as the sale of the KTR kit should cover the costs of the replacement setup.

2. well possibly...my ktr induction kit made my car flat when first installed.
    But when the ECU relearned the parameters it defiantly pulls harder in the higher rev range

3. Thanks. Think I'll drop RS Tuning a message and see what they say as it will be going there for a in the next month or so as I want the current map checked before I take it on track.

4. Have dropped RST a message, will update when I hear back from them.

5. i dont think the ktec kit is obtrusive at all.
    as you know ,you can only hear it sucking up to a point in the lower revs,
    and when you come off the power.
    Every other car i have had a induction kit on ,was very throaty all through the rev range.

You would assume with all your mods, the less restrictive air intake can only be a plus.
    I have seen the ITG system make 10hp+ on a similar modded megane.
    You would hope the ktec system would be similar.