225 KTR 3 inch Exhaust Megane 225 cup

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Shaneb1, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hi,
    I have a KTR 3 inch cat back system on my Megane 225 Cup.
    The system was fitted by KTR with a sports cat. The problem I have got is it keeps hitting something and rattles.
    I have tried to reposition it so many times but it just keeps hitting.
    We are going on holiday friday down to Devon from the Isle of Wight and I am not looking forward to the drive with the exhaust the way it is.
    Any ideas would be grateful.

2. Is it coming from the back?, sometimes there close to the back of the boot floor theres a lip it can touch

3. From what I can see it is where the exhaust goes over the bar (frame) at the back of the car. If I shorten it then it hits the bar but if I extend it then it hits the under side of the car (heat shield).

4. Should be plenty clear there, check the exhaust mounts and heatshield for being loose

5. If I get under the car I can push the exhaust up by the bar at the back then it hits the heatshield.

6. If it's the rear I had the same issue knocking on the rear left shock damper.

7. It is close to the shock maybe that is what is happening. Did you manage to sort that.

8. Just looked and it is clear of the shock.

9. It looks clear until you drive. I stuck some foam on the nearest section was sorted. But if not could be the bend touching the bumper at the rear. Rubber hangers could be to slack.

10. Can't you take it back to KT and get them to put it right?

11. Mine was catching the rear beam.

I loosened the joint and twisted it right upto the car floor and its never caught again.

There was a tiny mark on the exhaust so I could see where it was catching.

12. Car is going back to KT. They are going to see if they can sort it.