R26 Ktech exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Geoff230F1, May 21, 2019.

1. I ordered one of Ktechs 3" cat back systems last week and got to installing it yesterday. Not the easiest of jobs to do on axle stands but also not the worst thing I've had to do lying down! Really pleased with the sound and overal look. Not too loud and definitely improved throttle response. Worth a look if you are after a cat back system. Think I might get one of Ktechs air filters too and then I'm ready to get the car mapped.

2. nice, no exhaust never the easiest especially those nuts cat side, quite often very rusty and tight.

3. Getting the Cat nuts undone was the biggest headache, heat and plenty of WD40 ended up winning but I did have to sacrifice one of the nuts which I replaced.

tof73 likes this.
  4. What did the cat back cost can i ask ? From who ?

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

ktec

6. Are they the only ones? [sometimes you can have other places selling the same item but cheaper so this is why i ask what seems a silly Q ]

7. Hi John,
    The exhaust was just over £480. It comes with Piper exhausts paperwork, so they must fabricate it and then ktech must add the clamps etc (I think, cause the piper warranty doesn't cover the fittings)
    I would just order from them, their service from my point of view has been brilliant, I've ordered quite a bit from them, I was approhensive as I've read some bad feedback around but I've had no issues.

8. Cheers for that Geoff. Interesting ! So they sell other types as well as the K-tec item [which i am told is really a Miltek ]

9. It's really a Piper exhaust

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

10. I have a Pure motorsport system, cat back, non resonated, done about 1000 miles, took it off the car when i put it back to standard.

11. You are correct SI271.....the 2.75" item is a Miltec and the 3" is a Piper. I went for the 3" as it is slighty quieter and also has better flow apparently

Si271 likes this.
  12. You won't be disappointed John, the sound is really subtle and not offensive.I'm really happy with mine
    Geoff

13. Thx for the heads up Geoff. I have one on my Lux and liked it so since buying the R26 I thought i would go for the daily double :} It ironic that one cannot buy the 3" any where but K-tec. I maybe wrong.