250 Ktec racing turbo kit 400+

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matthewdemin, Apr 13, 2021.

1. I want to buy this turbo kit they use gtx2867R gen2 garret turbo
    someone can tell what boost and what torque on this kit will be safely on stock engine ?
    and how much power will be reliably for stock

2. 67918be8243a009f4bd35118389f4cc0.jpg

3. yes I saw it but they don't write what boost and how much torque they got

4. +44 (0)1202 820800

Marcus Dowan likes this.
  5. I saw that post on Insta yesterday i think.

That is a lot of power for a stock engine. I get that the torque is limited and i think comments said circa 360ft/lbs.

I am currently in the process of forging my mk3 engine after it damaged a piston/ring and that was running 330bhp and 336ft/lbs.

I would be looking to get this sort of turbo/kit at some point over summer to push that 400+ boundary. But. I wouldn't be looking at running that much power on a stock engine. I just can't see it being a a long term prospect, to run power like that on stock internals for any length of time. It's great headline for sales/insta but i can't help thinking that reliability would start to come into question.

I know KTEC obviously know there stuff but it would worry me. Maybe i'm just of a more nervous disposition. :smiley:

6. I was there last week when they fitted the new clutch and exhaust for me. I voiced the same concern ref std internals as we chatted about possible next steps for my car and they told me it would be fine up to 400 and to keep an eye out on Facebook / insta this week for more info..

Like you I’m not fully convinced, but they do know there stuff ! I think if I was going for that sort of power I would do a proper job of it with forged internals etc. However, then the cost would make me think twice about selling the car and buying something with 450 to start with like a M3 or M4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk