225 Ktec induction kit

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Danp, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Hi guys I managed to get my induction kit from ktec fitted on the weekend which turned out to be a bitch. I had to drill out 2 bolts that hold the battery tray in. Anyway it sounds amazing and a noticeable performance increase throughout the rev range. I recorded the sound from inside my car. I've got a blanking plate and dump valve and it is so loud.

https://app.box.com/s/gzicqt556f0r5oeokoba

let me know what you think.

2. Sounds good. Lot of sucky sucky. I was thinking about an ITG

3. I fitted my ITG DIY inudction kit today. Sounds insane, stupidly big filter though lol

4. Did you put the new battery tray in?

5. I put the old battery tray back in. With only 1 bolt. it's in there pretty tight though.

6. Do you not get the new tray with them? Haha 1 bolt that's funny

7. I'm getting some easy out drill bits and getting new bolts soon. Do I need to be worried?

8. No not at all mate. It can't go far if it ever came loose. It sound good though?

9. Yes i love the chatter it makes. I also ordered a forge straight pipe to take out the dump valve. Just need to fit it.

10. Think I'm just going with a recirc definitely going for the ITG though.

11. Sounds good I've just ordered the pipercross panel filter from rst I'm gonna do the air box mod and fit that anyone tried it ?

12. Took my mates clio 200 for napping at RST a bit back and Paul there said to just chop my box when I mentioned an ITG so must be a good do

13. *mapping

14. hacked my box to bits with a K+N, $_12.JPG sounded good till i got my k-tech ind kit :smile:

15. That sounds insane. Make me want to buy one for my car. Is this the one which K-tec sell for £178??

16. If you wanna save a bit of cash I can recommend the ITG DIY kit. Think mine came to around £90 total. I did a bit of cutting at the silicone pipes to make the filter fit a little better, sits behind the battery tray with a good bit of room to spare.

Love the noise it makes, sounds like a GTR haha. Along with the BOV is sounds really nice, but im gonna remove the BOV for a Forge straight pipe aswell, much prefer the chatter sound :smile:

17. Yh that's the one mate. You won't regret it.

18. Jeez that is a major chop lol ill do it next weekend when filter arrives as ive got to change the earth cable to the gearbox im running on a temp bodge atm

19. Where do you get all the parts to do this? You got any pictures of the finished product?

20. Used this guide mate
    http://www.rsmegane.com/showthread.php?646-ITG-cone-filter-induction-kit

Although I couldnt get the samco 90 degree arm so bought one from ASH, was a bit too long so had to drive it down. Will get some pictures when it stops raining!

21. That looks quality and it's so much cheaper than buying and ITG. Sure I could knock one of them plates up at work too. Or get one of the fab lads to. Thanks for that mate. Might go treat myself.

22. That looks amazing. Think I might have to have a go at this myself. Where could I get a stainless steel bracket made from??

23. Yeah its easy to install aswell, much a big difference IMO. I was gonna buy Ktec one but they have a flat £25 delivery charge to Norther Ireland, and wasnt gonna pay near £200 for a kit that I can build myself for half the money!

24. I had one from an old HID installion kit that i didnt use, a real flexable piece of metal, bolted it to the firewall and it holds it up fine :smile:

25. Does it sound well too? I like it when they flutter a little when you lay off

26. Yeah I've been looking at a forge recirc. Yeah that guides quality mate. Do you know what size hose you need from the 90 degree elbow back. Like on the first thread you showed me. Sorry for all bother

27. You need a 90 degree elbow reducing 76mm - 63mm. I used this one: http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/si...ee-elbow-reducer-70mm-to-63mm-15-colours.html

you will have to cut a bit off both ends to allow the filter to fir behind the battery tray, small hand swa did the job for me, then just filed down the edges to smooth them.

Heres a pic of mine installed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and you will also need 3 jubilee clips, something I had forgot about and had to borrow my dads car to go get some! Doh!

28. Cheers mate that's a big help. Be doing this in next couple of weeks so I'll get some pics up after.

Looks a good job that too

29. My engine bay is filthy! Leaving it in to my mate who is gonna detail the bay. £65 but worth every penny!

30. You'll have to show results from that. Mines a mess to be fair.

31. Have you made a bracket for yours to sit on???

32. I have yes, just havent fitted it yet, Will fit it next week!

33. Quick question. Where does the meganes cold air feed come from? Just wondering how it gets it's air from behind the battery

34. It doesn't, you have a small pipe coming off the air box which just sits under the battery tray...

35. Nice one mate. I just wondered where it came from. They don't really get much air them surely?

36. Nope lol! I only knew this as I'm going for a stage 2, Paul told me to do the air box mod to help with the air! Thats when I thought, did they really put this small pipe for air intake for an turbo'd car!

37. Do you get any power gain ? More from airbox mod or itg diy induction ?

38. No way that's crazy. I wonder if anybody has piped in a cold air feed. If I was stripping it out I'd route one up the back from the fog light housing but I want to keep my fogs

39. Im almost sure ive seen someone on here with a CA feed in the front grill.

If im keeping the meg im gonna do it aswell, get some more nice cool air :smile: