250 Ktec cat back booming

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Canty, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Hi

Just had a 3" Ktec cat back fitted and finding it quite boomy in the cabin, just seeing as a few of you have these systems and report of it not droning or booming whether this will subside once it's bedded in abit? Put 100miles on it today and is still the same, so hoping it just needs some more time or I'll be on the hunt for a standard exhaust.

Cheers Rob

2. Forgot to mention its mainly when off the throttle coasting in gear.

3. i have the 2.75 inch with the smaller rear silencer and will be louder im assuming than yours it can be a bit boomy if im honest. mainly on motorway i notice it more over the standard exhaust. it doesnt bother me to be honest. love the pops and bangs. it may be a bit much if travelling motorway most days but i dont so doesnt really bother me. I would say its fairly normal though for this system.
    I had miltek in the past and forgot i had aftermarket exhaust it was so quiet so i would rather what i have now 100% imo of course.

ps: nice username similar to mine thought i had started this topic for a moment ha!

4. Cheers for the reply, looks like the exhaust won't be staying then if that's the case just not a fan. Have to get saving for an akrapovic.

Haha i thought I'd replied to it so didn't check.

5. forgot to ask is this for the 225/250 etc. Mine is 225 so couldnt tell you if its rs250 your on about?

6. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

My Ktec 3" exhaust is no louder than standard when driving along normally so there must be something wrong with yours.

7. Not the ktec but I run the supersprint race system on the 265 which has a tiny back box and it's not boomy at all so I'd also say there must be something wrong inside yours.

8. Sorry just realised this is in the 250 section lol

9. Ok will have to have a closer look, checked all the joints and they don't seem to be leaking at all, so could be something internal or I might just be getting old haha!