R26 Ktec 3” exhaust to standard

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Grogsey, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Evening all, I’ve currently got a ktec 3” cat back exhaust with an rs tuning decat on my R26, it’s running 275bhp. I want to make the car a lot quieter and eventually replace the decat with a sports cat. A guy near me is selling a standard cat back exhaust. Would I lose much power if I swapped it for my ktec?

2. Be better off with a milltek 2.75" if you want less noise, or get a silencer added to your current exhaust.

3. Would a miltek 2.75 be quieter than a standard R26 exhaust?

4. No.

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Didn't think anyone did a 3 inch cat back for a R26

On my 265, fitted with a decat pipe, non resonated 3 inch Miltec.

I bought one of these from Ebay

4 inch diameter 3 inch bore and 20 inches long, cut a section out of my 3 inch Miltec and it quietened it down a treat.

6. Ive had the 3inch ktec and the 2.75 inch miltek along with the standard one. Personally the ktec sounded best for me. I had a sportcat welded into the down pipe, which quietened it marginally but made mot time much easier.
    If you do put the standard one on it is going to be more restrictive and I’d be inclined to get your map tweaked to match.

7. Thanks for the replies. I’ve managed to source a 2.75” miltek with a sports cat bolted on so will hopefully be a lot quieter and will get through an mot.

8. If you are changing from decat to sports cat id get the map adjusted to suit.