Krissg ly r26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Krissg, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Hi all, been on here a few months but not really introduced myself so thought I'd kill 2 with 1 and start a progress thread of my R26.
    so the story goes I really didn't know what car I wanted to buy but wanted a good fast hot hatch, I ended up settling on a 56 black LUX 225, I got a great deL on it and with the leather it was a stunning car!...unfortunately a stupid drunk driver decided to take a bend a tad too quick and hit my dad head on whilst he was driving, the services were called and shortly after the roof was off! .....I'd only had her 2 weeks.
    but onwards Nd upwards as they say, so with my insurance dough I had the taste of the meg but wanted to up my game, I was so set on a LY so set myself on a search, it didn't take long to find a real nice example quite local.
    it was fairly standard apart from an RS stg1 map and panel filter.
    the day I picked it up I took it for the back box chop and have since added cooksport springs, itg induction, pressed plates, led side/interior lights, a few black touches and some servicing including new injectors.
    as for the future I'm looking to go stg 2 so just keeping my beady eye out for the parts to complete.
    oh and to get my wheels refurb end also.
    anyway, hope to see a few of you about, I'm in Rothwell, Leeds BTW.
    few pics for your pleasure.

old...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Both look good, are the cooksports on the ly in that pic, some are really low on them others are a tad lower than eibachs,

lee

3. Ye mate on the LY, that side pic makes it look high but honestly seemed a huge drop from stock!

4. Nice car mate you do forget how high they are standard when you get used to the cooksports

5. Both cars look great mate!! Love the way it sits on cooksports ... may have to get some!

6. Very nice examples there bud. I work in Morley so may spot you around.

7. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Looks lovely, cooksports ftw

8. Cheers! It's funny as I almost got a Astra VXR just because of the stance over the meg but once if seen a few on cooksports it was a done deal! :smile: