Sponsored By:  

Knockhill OPL session.

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Mike265cup, Jun 3, 2015.

1. From what I remember burpspeed over on Clio sport used to arrange Renault only days last one I heard about was at llandow (I think, haven't been over on Clio sport in a while now!)

2. From where i am,its around 5 hours. RAC route planer, 275 miles, so 10 hours 550 miles Ive done SPA this year 1200 miles, 4 petrol stops,Oulton end June 550 miles. Oulton/ Anglesea Mid August, so distance not a problem. Just seems too far for 2 hours. Hope the weather stays fine for you all. Stay safe.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Full days are possible, KH run them every summer but they always say that they never get the numbers but the always end up happening anyway with the option of just doing the Morning or Afternoon, Or the full day. Last full day i done was £160 and helpfully organised partly by a friend

4. Payment sent

5. Received Donald cheers. Safety briefing is at 5pm so make sure you're there before 5pm.

6. A little update for anyone who isn't on Facebook. There is still room to accommodate a couple more so feel free to let me know if you're keen.

LEAVE ME A NOTE OF YOUR NAME AND THE NAME OF ANYONE YOURE PAYING FOR.

ALTERNATIVELY ANYONE WHO IS LOCAL JUST POP IN AND SEE ME.

IMPORTANT: You MUST bring your driving license on the day and you WILL be required to wear a helmet. I know most of you have your own but if you don't you can get one at Knockhill on the day.

SAFETY BRIEFING AT 5PM. DO NOT MISS THIS.

Will be a fiver more than last time, £80 for driver and car, additional drivers are free

So date and time is as follows:

September: 3rd 6-8pm.

Also, I need you to be fully committed to going if you say you are because im not going to be chasing payments.

Payment will need to be made in full and no refund will be given. This shouldn't be a problem for anyone who is serious about going.

Please don't waste my time saying you will come if you aren't 110%.

Mike / Megane 265 / PAID
    Fraser / Clio 172 /
    Neil / Integra DC2 /
    Scott / Astra nurburgring /
    Wayne / Clio 172 /
    Angus / Megane 250 / PAID
    Raymond / ? /
    Andreas / Megane R26 / PAID
    John Stewart / Prelude /
    John gowans / Zafira GSI /
    Ewan / Megane R26 /
    Steven reid / Sierra cosseh /
    Ben / Clio 172 /
    Kevin / Corsa VXR /
    Dave Joyce / Clio 172 /
    Dan Gilmore / MX5 /
    Gordy / A3/Lupo /
    Liam Reid / ? /
    Cliff goldie / RX7 /
    Tam Fyffe / Clio 197 /
    Justin Goldie / RX7 MX5 /
    Neil Methven / Clio 182 /
    Stuart / glanza /
    Brian Middleton / ep3 /
    Jason massie / evo /
    Bob Kyle / 306 gti6 /
    Stuart straig / 172 cup /
    Donald Ross / Clio 200T / PAID
    Gary Taylor / Clio 172 /
    James mcgregor / Clio 197 /
    Jim king / Clio 172 /
    John holligan / Clio? / PAID

7. Just a quick update for anyone not on the Facebook page.

This is all finalised now so if you've paid make sure you're there in plenty of time for the start of safety briefing at 5pm. I'll be there from around 4pm. Anyone with any questions just send me a pm and I'll be happy to send you my mobile number for a chat.

Cheers

Mike.

8. Thanks for getting all this sorted Mike! - really looking forward to it

9. No worries mate, this will be the 3rd time I've done it so now I know there's always enough people keen I'll be doing it on a regular basis.

10. Is everyone ready for this

11. Yea good to go. Looking forward to it now. You?

12. If I'm back home in time I'll drop by for a look. I pick my RS up in Cardiff that morning.

I'll be up for the next one to be organised if I'm home from offshore :smiley:

13. Cheers for organising the night Mike, great group on track.

Cheers to Shocker for all the passenger laps in his 200T EDC on std road tyres, and unbelievably balanced car on the limit - seems incredibly capable on track out of the box to me.......

14. Didn't realise you'd come up without your car Papps. You weren't in the Clio when I decided to take a cone out at Mcintyres were you? Was impressed by that 200T.

Brilliant night. Thanks for organising Mike and thanks for the passenger laps and pads!

15. No I wasn't with him during that incident!, yeah a couple of the guys up there I'd known from the last couple of track nights I had done.

Yeah the clio really surprised me especially through the first 6 corners.

You looked to be going really well on the last stint (that was the only time I saw you on track) - you had pulled away a good chunk from the Clio before you started your cool down lap.

What tyres did you run tonight? any more trackdays booked? - there's a reverse next week 3pm-7pm for £100?

16. I felt a lot more comfortable on my last stint. Still a lot of room for improvement but my confidence is getting there and I'm gradually getting a better feel for the car. I was just running Vredestein Ultrac Vortis tonight.

No other track days planned yet though next week's sound tempting, is that just a Knockhill organised one? A real shame your car didn't make it up tonight.

Who was it that had the R26 tonight?

17. I very much enjoyed the transition from road tyres (Pilot Super Sports) to practically bald R888s, it was the increased feel more than the grip that made the biggest diff through the really stiff sidewalls.

The R26 was ewan81 on this - its running 265bhp atm, he's getting a 250 turbo and other supporting mods done to it soon I believe.

Yeah it was the 1 year anniversary of me collecting the car tonight, guess its fitting that it spent it in the garage....

Its a semi private one - track scotland or something? The change in layout really does means its a completely different track - downhill braking into the hairpin lol .....

18. Also the Mk3 meganes are a thing of beauty when being pounded at the track - both yours and mikes cars really did look the business tonight

19. Was nice to meet you all and thanks for coming. Was a great night. Had a couple brown trouser moments too, good fun.

20. Anyone got pics from the night?

21. They're all up on the Tarmac Motorsport Facebook page

22. I put a join request for that group a few days back but never got it ok'd...sent another request..

23. What a great night , thanks to Mike for setting it up
    track time went superb but journey on way home didn't I got a major engine failure message along with stop light , spanner light and engine light
    turned off and pulled over straight away
    called out AA. Who couldn't find no leaks or engine damage
    fault code was p2299 accelerator and brake pedal out off sync or something like that
    reset code and started engine
    all running ok and code or lights never appeared again
    my 200 t is a on going mystery with faults every week that come and go

24. I was the black R26 on track, was a great session. Was just getting some better laps in near the end, but my road tyres go off pretty quick.

Was a well organised session, thanks to Mike

25. Was good to put a face to a name. Quite impressive on track the 200T. Got some footage of me chasing you for a couple laps.
    Glad you made it home alright after that. There was a few people recovered home last night.

26. Your megane was looking good last night! Glad ive actually met a few of you now.

27. Thats a nightmare mate, I spoke to someone the other night and was saying your gearbox is totally dry, ie no gearbox oil? these gremlins are crap - especially given how the thing handles.

28. Glad it was only a silly fault and not major engine failure as the message on the dash was displaying
    my stomach fell right to my feet when I seen the message ,
    my first thought was is Renault going to replace the engine
    but it's a bit silly to display major engine failure when it's only a throttle accelerator pedal problem
    maybe down to me trying left foot braking
    but what a great night

29. was a great night and thanks for sorting it all out
    hopefully you will ask me along again as I didn't seem to be the only other hooligan ( lol ) on track
    if you manage to get video online let me know as I would like to see where I was going wrong as after tracking a evo for many years I'm just learning the Clio and the lines I was taking weren't the best for front wheel drive and as papps was saying to me that I was taking evo lines instead of front wheel drive lines
    Top night and thanks Mike

30. Top night papps thanks for co-driving
    yea the gearbox is dry , I believe it's easy changed and is a cartridge you just pullout and replace with another
    but don't take my word for it as I was told by a Renault mechanic lol

31. Sorry to hear of your woes with the Clio. It's the first 200T I've seen in the flesh, I wasn't taken by them from what I saw online etc. but it looks stunning in the flesh! Looked great on track too.

32. Haha, thanks. Was good to meet you. Your mk3 looked good on track, would be good to get a passenger lap to see how it compares with the mk2.

33. Aye any time, sure I'll see you on track again at some point.

34. Cheers
    yea 200t nice in the flesh
    lots off negative reviews on it but they are probably all true
    the build quality and Renault trying to make them appeal to a broad spectrum has not worked
    a manual box a set of recaro seats and a set of big brakes
    less body roll and a little more negative camber ( if you look at some of my pics you will see front wheels going into lots of positive camber not good on track ) and the 200t even with its 200bhp would be a awesome car
    get rid of the r- link and just put in the RS monitor and I think Renault would out sell most other cars
    I was telling people about the r-link unit the other day and most don't know that you can play games , Facebook, email and tweet all a waste of time in a hot hatch if you ask me
    all you get is lots of electrical problems due to the system never booting up right
    take the key out and put it back in resets the car
    this is a daily occurrence to get wipers ,lights ,radio, sat Nav to work correctly
    a little more developement and they will have a top selling car but not yet

35. Coming from an older RS with the more track focused coilover suspension how soft the clio was and how comfortable is was to me was brilliant. It seemed far more adjustable than the R26 ever was on std suspension on the limit (maybe its shockers great track technique as well of course :smile: ) I'm sure a meg would of snapped at the rear much quicker. Seems like a really good car for more discreet B road blasting and also at those kind of speeds the thing would cover ground really really rapidly. Seems like a great car, and easier to keep hold of your licence than the meg, more time on, or near the cars limits.

Would be really good to see what a custom remap would do on these, sure it would help the sound also, my milltek sounded a hell of a lot better after the remap.