Sponsored By:  

Knockhill 3rd March

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by -Jamie-, Dec 9, 2017.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any other Scottish guy fancy this?

Jamie
    Skornography
    Shocker
    Lewis?

Trackscotland 4 hour session, Good driving standards as per usual TS day, Im booked on already with a few mates in various things

3 March 2018 - 4hr Trackday @ Knockhill

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    ewant81 likes this.
  2. Tempted...

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Good way to start the year Ewan! :wink:

4. Might consider this. Did a day with an Instructor back in October with this sort of thing in mind. Just need to get new pads and fluids and I think I'd be ready.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Feel free to pop up for some pax laps if your not going on track as well, Happy to give some pointers out

6. Hi can you go around even if youve never driven around the track before?do you need to bring helmets etc?I've never done a track day before just watched

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah Trackscotland days are good for newbies as well as the driving standards are so high and people are pretty patient.

You can either bring a helmet or rent one at KH

8. Need to work out if I'm home for this. Might even have the new suspension on by them...

9. Providing my work schedule allows it, I think I'll book in and give it a go!

10. First weekend in March, it will be either bouncing down or snowing. I might pop up and watch though. Don't have the balls to track, its my only car and is daily and totally required, I've seen what the gravel traps can do

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Or dry as previous years LOL

Drive within your limits and you wont bin it, Exceed them and thats when you start to end up visiting the gravel or armco....

12. It's my only car so I'll be getting track day insurance haha

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine as well, When I bought it originally I picked it up midweek and had it on track at the weekend[emoji23]

14. I'm also tempted, that's a good price, not sure to bring trophy or fiesta

15. @Scottyboytrophy I think I took a pic of your car yesterday, parked up at outside AC in EK. sadly my boy was up looking at a Fis ST, since the death of his MegGT last week. Crazy expensive to fix these things, a few bits of plastic and the insurance company stopped valuing at 7.5K and wrote it off. sad day for a cracking wee car

Attached Files:

16. Yeah I saw the pic on Instagram, strange seeing 2 rs meganes together in ek they are a rare sight up here

17. Should hopefully be coming to this :smile: depending on money if i'm on track or not though

18. Booked the day off work and booked myself onto the trackday. First proper trackday so hopefully I don't crash haha.

-Jamie- likes this.
  19. Booked

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This is now sold out, Anyone else manage to book on?

21. I couldn't book to go on the track as I had to spend all my money on getting my car back on the road again,my cars has been so unreliable...anyway you may see me at the track side cheering you on with the aa fixing my car behind me
    I had a yearly pass for a number of years for knockhill for all events and the best was always touring cars on a Sunday...final race and it would always be raining and guaranteed a crash

22. PFC Z-Rated brake pads fitted on the car by Rentec today and they upgraded the fluid in the car too. All ready to go for the day!

23. If I’m home I’ll come long with the camera for a wander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. If I bring my lid, any chance of a couple of pax laps please...:grinning:

25. Was waiting until pay day before booking. Bugger!

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Weather looking hit or miss for this now, expecting a cancellation to be honest.

I've booked the 25th March track Scotland day just incase lol

27. What is the main reason they would cancel? Rain/snow, or would it just be the cold temperatures? I'm hoping they don't cancel as I can't attend the end of March one.

28. Main reason would be snow or excessive low temps that made the track unsafe for eager amateurs. A little bit rain won’t stop play. I’ll be there with the camera so remember and [emoji16] as ya’ll go by.

-Jamie- likes this.
  29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'd say the snow that's forecast will be the reason for cancelling, if there is snow lying then we will know on fridsy if it will run or not. I'm hoping not as I've got a few bits being done this week for it.

Spaces for the 25th are getting less so I booked regardless

30. If it's low temperatures, is it worthwhile changing to my AD08R's, or should I leave my PS4s on the car?

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Upto you, you may be able to get the heat into the AD08Rs if you try hard enough.

Ill be running either AD08Rs or AR1s [emoji23]

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've personally cancelled this now as I doubt it will run looking at the snow that is already at Knockhill, dropping the car off for cage on Friday instead.

33. Probably a wise decision mate. I think this will be called off anyway by Friday. Looking forward to seeing the cage fitted.

-Jamie- likes this.
  34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah im kinda hoping it is now as trackscotland will have to arrange another date as a replacement haha.

Aye me too, was meant to be done by this trackday but the fabricator was behind on another project so I was put back a month or so

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

This has been officially cancelled now, there's around 3-4 foot of snow lying at Knockhill currently.

Should be able to transfer into the 25th but they will reschedule another day as a replacement for the 3rd when knockhill staff are back in the office

36. Working on the 25th unfortunately. Will have to see what date they come up with.

37. Clio group still have spaces for 4th April. I'm looking forward to getting out then.