Knock sensor wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by MeggieSVK, Apr 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys, I saved my meg from rotting on the repair garage lot and it was in a bit pure state a year ago. Now she is happy and well under my wings. But there is one thing a haven’t got rid of. As I found her, she was missing a couple of connectors from different looms. one was from knock sensor. I managed to solder on a new one, but there were 3 wires coming from the loom and the sensor is 2 wire. so I assumed that the 3rd one is some kind of shielding. Apparently not because now it throws p0325 knock sensor bank 1. can someone explain what I did wrong ?

2. 3rd wire is shield. Check the sensor is wired correctly, this is mine which works ok.
    Screenshot_20220410-101653_Gallery.jpg
    If thats no good assume knock sensor is not working, or something is triggering it. Scan it with clip to see what the actual fault is, should give you an indication of if open circuit or triggered by knock event.

3. Yes, that's how I soldered it. So the 3rd one just sits there besides these two? doesn't need to be connected anywhere ?
    I'll check the code with clip, thanks