Keyless start/entry

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by aarroncolley, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Brought a r26 the other day and realised the keyless entry or start wouldn’t work on the test drive so I assumed it was the battery, after changing this I still can’t open the car keyless and have to enter the card every time I want to start it. Does anyone know what else could be wrong or is there some way of resetting the key back to the car In case it’s forgotten it’s self from the memory ? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. How do you know it was specd with keyless entry?

3. It’s got the sensors on the doors. I just thought all r26’s was keyless entry and start. My 225 had it and that wasn’t anything special

4. If its got keyless, there will be a button on the handle, no button, no keyless.

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

nah mine hasn't got it, if its got buttons in the exterior door handle look under the rear seats to see if theres a sensor under the seat

6. So why do I have the black sensors under the outside door handles ? Just for show or do they actually serve a purpose?

7. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

To save Renault making two different door panels basically, same reason they now only do 4 door Meganes, cost saving.

8. So I don’t have to worry about getting something I don’t have looked at by Renault because I think it’s broken lol.

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I wouldn’t say so, if it won’t start keyless and won’t unlock keyless, I don’t think it’s keyless

10. probably not no hahaha