Keyless or pressing fob button. Cant unlock or lock the car.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Gavin., Feb 3, 2014.

1. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Here's an odd one, just washed the car and now it's decided it won't work with either of my key cards but will intermittently work. At first neither of the key card buttons would work but the sensors and buttons on the car were letting me lock/unlock. 5 mins later nothing works, I keep trying and eventually the card unlocked via the button, it worked for 5 mins and then stopped again.

So to summarise sometimes the buttons/sensors on the car work sometimes they won't and sometimes the key card buttons work and sometimes they won't.

Im confused, anyone ever come across this?

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Oh and when I do get in, it starts fine :confused:

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

aaaaand it now seems to be working fine again. So what got wet when I washed it to cause that?

4. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Anyone any idea?

5. I would check the multi connectors on the doors.

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Where are they located Lee?

7. gavin when i first got mine it was terrible from getting into when it was cold/frosty, try new keycard batteries

but mine has now not detecting me on the drivers side

also be creful how u wash the car, ie dont blast them closely wit a pressure washer

8. There a thread on here somewhere mate. They rust so it shows you how to re-solder them. Unless you'd rather pay someone to do it.

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Cheers guys, i'm just relating it to washing the car, it must have been. I have no water supply out doors where I live so i'm only watching with a Hoselock garden pump thing, no where near enough pressure to get into the car. It played up for around 20/30 mins and then it was fine. I need a new battery for the spare card i've found out anyway so i'll get a couple of new ones.

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

So, two new batteries installed, my spare key now works again. Let's hope that doesn't happen again next time I wash it.