1. Hi guys.

My key fob has started to play up and had trouble getting into the car. If I squeeze the fob it locks and unlocks fine but I know eventually it'll break.

I have 2 fobs but one has been broken since I purchased the car and now the other is starting to break.

I want to get new ones and looked at Renault and they want 230£, just wondering if there are any alternatives or is this a Renault main dealer go to option only?.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2. If you're referring to the car key card then it can be fixed don't know if that tutorial is here but I got mine fixed

Sent from my VIVO using Tapatalk

3. Yes sorry I am referring to the card.

4. [​IMG]

Keithys likes this.
  5. Hope this helps

6. That's great I play about with the one that's completely dead first my soldering may be a tad rusty.

Thank you very much.

7. If it's beyond repair then there are other options to a main Dealer Replacement -

There are companies on eBay Etc that supply the cards or the internals if you actually know where the fault lies. There are also companies that will Program / reprogram keys for a reasonable amount. As these are ebay companies I would suggest it's best to avoid them as they may not all be what the purport to be, but as a last resort it may be a chancy option.

The option I favour is to find an Auto Locksmith in your area, especially one that is mobile and can come to you. These people are professionals that deal with this sort of thing everyday and should be able to handle a keyless entry system as well as traditional keys. I have a local Guy (south Wales), that will provide and program a Key card for approx £65 so quite a bit less than Renault

If you are lucky enough to live close to a good independent Renault dealer then these may be able to help or will almost certainly know of a local solution

Keithys likes this.
  8. Luckily enough there is an auto locksmith down the bottom of our road so may well give that a try.

I will take apart the key card that is completely broken and see if I can fix that. I don't really want to do the other one just yet in case I'm left with no working ones at all, but do realise it will break after a certain amount of time.

So actually as I write this I'm probably best to have a word with the auto locksmith first.

9. Yeah I actually took mine to a cellphone technician after opening it and he just soldered it nicely been 6 months now since then

10. Was very stressed as Renault dealership will not keycode an aftermarket key card

11. Just checked my spare key card and it's some dodgy eBay one by the looks of it. It's slightly shorter in length and not as wide as the original. I do have the emergency key and that works so if the key card packs up on the buttons can i assume I can use the emergency key to get in the car and just insert the key card and the car will still start up?.

12. Spot on! You have answered you own question mate

Keithys likes this.
  13. Lol. Well least I haven't got to worry as much. just glad I had an emergency key to get into the car. Well fingers crossed I can sort the card myself. Seems like it could be the battery side of the circuit board as when I'm driving it comes up on the dash ' replace card battery' so I'm assuming it's loose that end. Anyway thank you for you input and everyone else much appreciated. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  14. Oh and I have replaced the battery lol.

15. Come insurance renewal time spend the ~£20 on key insurance and get a new Renault card all coded etc for nowt.

16. I have it mate already on my Adrian flux policy!.