Just got my RS265

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by TehBIGrat, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Hi All

New Renault owner here. Times are changing here in New Zealand so it's now or never to get a fun car.

I picked up the 2013 RS265 Cup about 3 weeks ago and loving it.

Best Regards

Poppaboost, matt e and Mr Spoon like this.
  2. Just a couple of pictures, Yes I do need to get someone to detail the car.

Attached Files:

3. Just completed the short shift mod. F*** that battery box.

and touched up the chipped paint on the rims.

Mr Spoon likes this.
  4. Good news that.

5. I will be doing my short shifter soon...............not looking forward to it lol

Welcome :blush:

TehBIGrat likes this.
  6. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Why ??? its an easy job, better to do than an R26

TehBIGrat likes this.
  7. It's easy and there Is a little bit of room for error. I marked mine slightly too close to where the plate bends and so I have ended up with the new stud about 25mm away from the old stud. So slightoy sorter than most.

The hardest part is removing the battery box. I cannot give you any tips except maybe watch a few videos first. I didn't and have a couple broken clips.

8. Did H&R lowing springs today. God it was painful but so worth it. I have a seized hub/transaxle so had to completely remove the left axle. Broke 2 T40 drivers.

9. 20211205_195719.jpg 20211205_195652.jpg

Marcus Dowan likes this.
  10. Looking great mate, are you going to put some spacers on? Will give the short shifter ago this weekend and have watched some videos so hopefully will be straight forward enough lol

TehBIGrat likes this.
  11. Short shifter; you'll get it done. Only thing is try be a bit closer to the original stud than I was. Because of the bend on that plate my drill went on an angle causing the ball to end up 25ish mm from the original.
    received_3053358031652448.jpeg received_2406651569465932.jpeg

Spacers; Not sure what I want to do with the wheels yet. There was a decent amount of curb rash when I got it and the oem paint is chipping of in places. Estimate to get them refinished is almost as much as a new set. Nail Polish is working well as a quick touch up.

NB: The underglow is looking really tacky now that some of the leds don't work. It will be removed at some point soon.