Just changed injectors, quick question

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by seven, Jun 28, 2014.

1. I had the old coughing exhaust, engine light problem and was advised to clean/change my injectors (big thanks to jjones82, R26track build and Liquid F1 for your help and advice)
    Just changed them and no more coughing exhaust so all seems to be good.

I understand MPG should be better? but m question is about performance. Just took it for a qiuck spin and jesus :eek: feels incredibly quick! Not sure if I'm imagining it though!

Is this possible?

2. if your injectors were completely fudged then yea it would make a large difference.

3. Car has been remapped also so I guess if they were screwed that magnifies it even more.

4. Glad the injectors have worked good mate

5. Hi seven. I have the same issue with spluttering on idle and the engine light flashing.

Did you fit the injectors yourself , do you know if there is a how to and where did you source the injectors?
    Thanks mate :smile:

6. Adam is probably cheapest but there is someone selling them on ebay for £160 new. They say Renault Wolverhampton but its nothing to do with Adam as far as I can tell...

Injectors are easy to fit (even I managed it). There is a guide on the other forum.

7. Or use the one Losi posted :smiley:

You dont need to remove the boost pipe going above them, I managed with it still in place. Probably easier to remove it though for the amount of time it takes.

8. Thanks lads. Appreciated.

9. I did mine without removing the boost pipe also not difficult

10. Hi pal. Yes I did fit them myself despite being crap with these things - just used the guide posted above.
    I got them on here, just post a wanted add and I'm sure something will pop up. Another option is a guy called Liquid F1 who is a member here, great guy and works on an exchange basis. You can also pick them up via eBay but unless new you might want to get them cleaned and this can costs about 50 quid.
    Best bet is Liquid F1

11. Thanks mate. I appreciate that. Think I might go for the £160 new ones from eBay and attempt them myself.