R26.R Juddering under hard acceleration

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Chris V6, Apr 8, 2017.

1. can anyone help

I have just collected my car from winter storage and driven it about 100 miles home. It was fine before it went in and on the drive down there.

My r26r ideals and drives without any issues but under hard acceleration there is quite a judder, it's like it's Miss firing but sound seems to come from the rear exhaust. The engine light has just come on and says check emissions.

It is running a de cat and has since before I brought it over a year ago.

I don't know if it has been mapped but I am guessing so as he cat was removed. Should I have the cat put back in and a re map ?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

2. My guess would be a coil pack is starting to break down (or possibly a duff injector), best bet is to plug in a code reader and see what that says. it will at least identify the cylinder the misfire is happening (if it is)

3. Thanks I pulled out the plugs and one looked wet, so maybe the coil is not making it spark correctly.

Can anyone recommend a code reader don't want to spend a fortune but want one to work, I also have a 182 so would like one to work on that as well

Thanks

4. In all honesty Chris any cheapo generic code reader will work mine cost around 10/15 quid from ebay. Its only when you start getting into expensive territory that they have extra features such as being able to reprogramme the steering sensor calibration etc (but these normally have a yearly subscription too)

If you have an android smart phone you can pick up an elm 327 obd interface and an app called Torque for around the same price as a cheap code reader.
    It has more functionality but can be a bit slower than an actual code reader.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Min...744026?hash=item3d30ae729a:g:OGEAAOxyx0JTgq-6

Or I have this OBD reader - works fine for error code reading and clearing codes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-Car-...266103?hash=item25c95f7477:g:nQwAAOSwux5YNTOm

Chris V6 likes this.
  5. Thanks again for your reply I have ordered one and will see what happens when I plug it in !