Jacob's über clean Inferno 225 R26 Imposter.

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by mr.clarke., Mar 30, 2014.

1. Awsome Jacob. Just like your beard.
    Is this a proper ph2 then? I've only ever known of one ph2 inferno. (Probably this one tbh if its a members old car?)

2. Cheers Craig.

Yeah it's a ph2 inferno cup, there is one at eBay now so no I'm not the only one :worried:

3. 1 week in. 650miles = first clean. Inferno content.

Yvette bought me some Recaro seats cover from capital seating for my birthday :smile:

So fitted them a few week ago 5e5uzupu.jpg

My short shift got delivered this morning, after speaking to @Andrewjeffs he sent it off Friday morning, so pretty damn quick delivery.
    badesyvu.jpg

Me and [MENTION=14952]Gray[/MENTION] has just fitted that, I completely forgot how it changes the drive, the standard gear change is like steering soup in a bath tub. Now it's precise and loads smoother.

Took 2 (poor) photo parked on my dad's drive, just because. :smile:

upeza7ym.jpg

he2u6uva.jpg

4. 1 week in. 650miles = first clean. Inferno content.

Well it hit the big 65,000miles last weekend whilst me and my (now wife) headed down to Essex for a festival and a little honey moon. So thought I'd get a good man I know to detail it. :smile:

There's a few things more id like to do, like decat and itg as I've got the 630cc already. :smile:

Anyway on with the pictures, these are from Scrooges thread on Cs, only the end results pictures because I'm not copying another 35 photos.

ve7y3yta.jpg

eha2ujyb.jpg

ny3azege.jpg

a9ybaqyh.jpg

uga8yzeh.jpg

e7erysy9.jpg

7yqyru2a.jpg

ypy2a5y5.jpg

pagabyve.jpg

hyzybe5y.jpg

6umatyve.jpg

Interior with covers on.

y4aha3e5.jpg

The wheels could Benefit from a refurb and a nice drop from a set of cook sports.

But that's pretty much as it stands now. :smile:

5. Looks lovely mate.

6. 1 week in. 650miles = first clean. Inferno content.

Big update on this :smile: January update, 69,200miles.
    Been gathering a small amount of parts as of late, most of them being suspension and steering related.

View attachment 121007

View attachment 121015

View attachment 121008

Suspension wise, last week I had R26 shocks and cooksport springs fitted along with top-mounts and an RST 3' Decat.

In the 2nd box it's full of more suspension parts including. Link stabilisers, wishbone bushes,steering rack bush, ball joints, tre's and all that will be fitted shorty.

A new mikalor clamp from k-Tec for the exhaust, back box - centre section as the one on now is looking tatty + since having the Decat it's been doing a fair amount of popping, one that loud it took the back box of the centre section [emoji32]. Going to polish the exhaust back up before fitting the parts along with new hangers.

Got to say that Harry in the k-tech racing sales dept was fantastic, I forgot to mention the car when I ordered the clamp and he automatically sent me a u-clamp out, rang him back the following day after delivery (Wednesday) and he sent me the right clamp out FOC.

View attachment 121011

So thanks for that. [emoji1]

630cc injectors have turned up after selling my old ones, and possibly going for mapping at the back end of February to tweak the map since fitting the itg kit and Decat. Unsure of the power it will make but with having Manley con rods and ARP bolts Paul can push it a little bit more [emoji16][emoji16].

Here's a poor/ very poor pic after a quick jet wash down, not properly cleaned it since French car show :worried:

View attachment 121013

Shows you how nice it's sitting on them springs though.

Hopefully when everything has been fit suspension wise il be tackling the brakes as they're coming up to be done.

2006 (56) Renaultsport Megane 225 cup.

Spec;

RS tuning stage 2 remap (270 bhp; 300 ftlbs

Manley forged con rods

Helix clutch

ARP bolts.

Ktec FMIC

Ktec 2.75' cat back exhaust

Forge actuator & recirculating valve

Samco boost hoses (black)

ITG induction kit with enlarged cosworth filter.

Rstuning 3' decat

630cc injectors need fitting.

Lowered recaro subframe mounts, waiting for custom graphics for the sides.

New tre's.

New twist links and stabilisers.

New tfd steering rack bush.

Goodridge braided brake lines

R26.r headlights

R26 shocks & cooksports springs.

Carbon fibre R26.r spoiler

55w 6000k HID kit

Things todo; replace carbon spoiler for inferno spoiler.

Return mirror caps to inferno.

Full brake setup and refurb of callipers and new disc & pads.

The car now drives effortlessly smooth after changing the twist links and rack bush, everything feels tight and perfect.

The lowered subframes have change the drive of the car, instead of feeling like I'm on the car, I now feel in the car and planted nicely. with the cooksports and new tyres fitted the car feels perfect, the drive is fantastic and back to being fun.

Temptation.

After numerous pm's and texts to a guy off here, about selling the Megane, I just couldn't do it. Even for a nice 250 :worried:

I just couldn't bring myself to sell it, I think it's because I've always spent money on them and once finished I've sold.

Not in this case [emoji41]

I'm going through another spending spree which has consisted of the following.

e5a43e3da53231ec3375076259bded12.jpg
    @Feirny :smile:
    New buttons will be ordered from Ads @ £50!!!

Stereo. I've gone for this one as its made for the Megane in mind and keeps all functions plus a lot more that can be wired in, also has satnav and gps. bea91195071e30265b3ba3feb18ce8b9.jpg

Brakes
    e6a8252d4927e95430644ead1aa89839.jpg

fb399c4441611c58962b5fd79ca83870.jpg

Not the ones, I've ordered brand new ones from ads and got myself a second set of rears to be rebuilt and sprayed red.

Also new disc and pass to be fitted along with brake fluid change.

Cars going for mapping next week or so and to have the 630's fitted.

I'm just going to make this a really nice example of a inferno cup. Well there's is only 14 knocking about.

Still waiting to here back from Ady graphics, seems to be taking a while and not replying or taking the piss. So will go to someone else for the seat decals.

Going to poly bush all the mounts with new the power flex range to keep everything tight.

It's taking a while but it will get there :smile:

As it sits now 43fa49ec71142e246a81f90819f9433c.jpg

7. Best colour. End of story. Body work looks in excellent condition :smile:

8. Thanks mate.

9. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

See you soon treacle.

10. Deliveries

New front discs

New Washer bottle

New rear wiper

New red brembo calipers

New spare Tre's. 94b0befe89611b853cbc3b5e5dac12f9.jpg

57346ae75402efe119f0b08b4b168d65.jpg

a1d30638dbe982de1ffad59d6efd091f.jpg

Satnav fitted.

6de824bd0a3d69e7db68c03ee85d5079.jpg

bf93cb821246af97c1ae61a7df1d11cd.jpg

892e1aa34665807561b3476724ad9278.jpg

All cleaned up.

98bd22068010acbfc162ebd28fe11612.jpg

d202650f5b9afb4ed6a0afce019364d3.jpg

Going to pick my steering wheel up at 6 :smile: I 817db9fcb2c4f86e264717ca5b2e4924.jpg

11. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

A mint car just got minter.

12. Cheers for the wheel gorgeous, thanks for introducing me to Charlie.

14. look forward to seeing the new xaust :smile:

inferno is getting a proper treat this month lol

15. Car looks great from behind buddy. How much are the new brembos? Mine could do with either painted or changed

16. Yeah tbf I told myself I wouldn't spend it on it a year ago, it lasted 11month before I caved in lol.

Cheers chap, I need to get better photos of it so I'm going to sweet talk feirny :smile:

£300 mate for new ones.

17. Thanks matey think i will invest in new ones

18. They're not bank breaking tbf so it's definitely worth it.

19. Rstuning update.

Had the car mapped at rstuning 2 week ago, it pulled 277bhp -325lbft, not that overly impressed, it's quick very quick But I need a 250 turbo to hit the 320-350 mark. :smile:

Last night i sealed and protected one calliper, only took me 45minutes
    I used exov2 on an applicator pad and cotton bud for the intricate areas, but gave it a good wipe down with isopropanol first. a8c8c68c931016c49defc1b2c8a519a6.jpg

20. Can you post your graphs?
    How much boost are you running?
    Mine got 295 bhp with only 1 bar of boost with the 250 turbo.

21. There you go mate, Paul tried pushing the boost right up but said the spark plugs was fucked, which could have improved the gains a little.

88f6f18ad9efde285dc93016a2d9e281.jpg

22. Nice one.
    I had a spark plug go on me before on the rollers. It's a right c*#t as they was brand new and wasn't cheap.
    Have you got your boost graph too?

23. This one?

Unsure why it's says 233hp though :-/
    658af7571e3d02347a7da527fc72bdff.jpg

24. Wheel hp.

That's great thanks.

25. Ah now I see, my bad.

Can't to get a 250 turbo or hybrid for it as then its going to be in the 320-340 mark, well I hope it would anyway.

It's coming along nicely now just need to get the box to Scott for a check over: rebuild If necessary, spoke to opie oils for all my oils £130 then get everything fitted all in one go.

26. It's a really nice car now so will be awesome when you're finished.

27. Well other halfs at work and me and my four year old son are heading to snakes pass :-)

28. Ordered my oils ready for a service and gearbox change.

Millers nanodrive5w40 engine oil

Millers trx gearbox oil

4 ngk spark plugs :smile:

29. Looking great, I'm just prepping mine to go back to rstuning for 250 turbo decat and injectors. got niggles to get sorted first though :worried:

30. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Why only 4 spark plugs?

:rolleyes:

31. This is mint mate, loving the attention to detail!

need to get out for a drive up in peaks with Keiran too

32. And meeee

33. Cheers mate.

yeah would love a good drive out, would be good with a few of us :-)

34. What head unit is that mate? Looks spot on. As does the rest of the car. Makes me want an inferno

35. Well seen as I had a massive pile of parts gathering and Us Going away for a week, I thought I'd leave it in the capable hands of Mark black at his new unit.

Such a nice unit he's got.

Well here's the work carried out.

Service: change oil and plugs to millers nano drive and new ngk plugs.
    [​IMG]

Fit all my powerflex engine mounts.

[​IMG]not a great pic.

Swap washer bottle for brand new one.

New h/c dics with ds2500 and rbf600 fluid. Along with brand new brembo's

[​IMG]
    Saweeeeet.
    They've been mega sealed lol.

Mark kept me up to date on the process of it all, he even changed the plugs I bought as they was wrong

Such a great service and the car drives spot on, everything feels nice and tight again feel so much smother.

Bought some more parts to be shot lasted and either sprayed or powder coated. [​IMG]

Plus a boost pipe, may as well make everything look clean hadn't i .

Once all them bits are back I'm going to spray the rocker cover silver with high temp paint, I'm still undecided on the colour for the above parts, maybe keep it clean fresh with silver?

Next.

Been messaging MJ about his 16t hybrid, we agreed a price and he kindly dropped it off for me last night. [​IMG]

As I''m a little ocd about parts and not knowing much about turbos, just for ease of mind I dropped it off at midland turbos in Notringham, such a great service, rang them at 2 and told me to pop it in to them and have a nose over it and talk about what needs doing.

The oil inlet/outlets had been helicoiled and looked pretty weak so they're sourcing me a new or refurbished unit to replace it, not big deal rather it be 100% and guaranteed then fit it blind and find problems.

They're also going to changes seals which don't really need doing but he's said they'd that and the bearings for free, along with machines the blades a little for less back pressure which I think increases the flow through the turbine for less back pressure. Everything else is spot on and the machining on the turbo was perfect and smooth.

Also told me that if I wanted more scope for power they'd make a 20t for £430 which isn't too bad.

Once most of the above is finished and turbo is fitted/mapped I think that's it power wise and just concentrate on the bodywork, although there isn't much to do, doesn't stop me from doing it lol.

Little pic after I cleaned it, proper love the colour.

[​IMG]

Engine inspiration is because of Matt eaton and his ocdness/ which isn't cheap

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  36. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

if you fancy getting rid of your original engine parts once those are painted up mate let me know

Should look really good mate - spending some proper money!

37. Will do mate. Ill message you when it's all done.

That's all the parts I've saved over a while lol I limit myself .

Still need to get r26 box checked.

38. Just picked the 16t back up from midland turbos, they've been extremely quick And mega helpful and done a fantastic job.

fce576177b11c3de4c36720cdbd45cce.jpg

bfad09a21e320c43c616890bf740b130.jpg

2649ccbb465336d08661a6b70e1ea7d4.jpg

36d4b0b2150c8b62368dd588a2a56133.jpg

8ddfdcb8152cf20b1a760361cd487109.jpg

Powwwwahhhh

39. Great stuff mate! Don't see any cutback blades though?

Weren't you the one who bought the R26 box off ebay a while ago? How's that one doing? Still regret the fact it was so badly advertised! Otherwise i would've bought it right away before you did :tongueout: