265 Jacking point

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Meg16_Beth, Jul 1, 2017.

1. I'm trying to understand where the jacking points are. I can put an axle stand at the little concave sections underneath the doorsill at the front and rear. But if someone could give me an illustration as to where to the trolley jack should go so I can put my axle stands at the correct point, that'd be super helpful.
    Thanks

rmwaller likes this.
  2. There are arrows on sill showing jack points

3. yes those are where i'd put the axle stands....but where do you put the trolley jack if the axle stands go at the arrow points? can't have trolley jack and stand in the same place at the same time

4. Ah ok..jack car up using indicated places, at front put axle stands under lower swinging arm at suitable location at rear put stands under rear swinging arm where meets chassis just behind jack not on rear cross member at it's actually a anti roll bar

Meg16_Beth likes this.
  5. A bit late but here you go
    1&3 for the jack when using axle stands.

Attached Files:

rmwaller, Meg16_Beth and ewant81 like this.
  6. This is really clear! Where did you find this?

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Looks like it's from the workshop manual

TurboFlorio likes this.
  8. I found it myself on one of the forums a year or 2 ago.

rmwaller likes this.
  9. a
    I have been puzzled by this issue for a year or two. I even have the Haynes manual, but it doesn't help. Thanks for asking.