275 ITG Induction Kit

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hey,

Anyone have one of these fitted?

My car is running the Akra from factory, CGR decat and Stage 1 RSTuning map. Would there be any benefit at all in adding into the mix this induction kit?

Anyone got experience with one fitted?

Thanks

2. Just my tuppence, but from a power point of view, Engine Dynamics have tested the restrictiveness of the factory air-box with a K&N panel filter in and apparently there is literally no difference in the air box being on or off - therefore there is no benefit in fitting an Induction kit. I've posed this question to them and would've happily paid them the cash to fit one but they categorically said there is no point in doing so.

My experience over the years on other marques is that induction kits actually loose power in normal day to day driving. It's different on the track with lots of constant cool air, but I'm guessing your car is primarily a road car.

If however you want it for the noise then that is your prerogative, but from the sounds of your car and work you've done so far it's probably power rather than boy-racer noise you're after.

Save the money and buy a track-day!

Mikeyjp likes this.