ITG induction kit - noise comparison

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BillyA, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Thinking of fitting the ITG, with the intake down inside the wing. Wondering about how noisy it is vs stock air box? I’m hoping not too much more, but a nice hoovering up air sound on full throttle. anyone?

2. You can generate the same by drilling a few holes in the front panel of your air box (facing the battery) rather than fitting a kit.

engine killer likes this.
  3. even a Panel filter and removing the foam inside the standard airbox made a decent noise difference.

If you want performance then ITG maybe the way to go but a bit of noise i would go after market panel filter and remove the foam which is a 2 min job and filters are cheap

4. It’s for performance too - had it remapped yesterday, so would see a slight benefit at the top end and response, that’s what I’m thinking. I already took the foam out of the air box and running a BMC panel filter - did slightly improve the induction noise tbf.

5. If you want more noise go for it. If you want more performance you will be disappointed. Standard airbox isn't restrictive so you won't gain any more power (in fact you might lose a little).

6. really?

7. don't take my word, get your drill out

Marcus Dowan likes this.
  8. I have hybrid turbo and associated mods. Car currently has a ram air filter located at the back of the engine bay which I’ve always thought was sub optimal but can’t really find anything substantive that the itg located further down will be better. Has anyone ever done any flow / temp comparisons?

The car feels incredible with the cold air at the moment - and I’m surprised just how significantly it feels compared to summer compared to other turbo cars ive owned. It’s possibly because it’s quite heavily modified that the difference between the summer and winter is even more extreme - but that hastens my desire to improve the intake temp and general cooling.

Has anyone ran the itg and logged the benefit?

Thanks