250 Itg cone filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Zs_phil, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Filter should be ok but what are you going to use the Subaru MAF plate for??

2. The neck on the filter doesn't look very long. Not sure how well it will fit in to the end of the pipe that comes off the turbo.

3. 70mm joiner, 70mm 90 degree elbow, and a 70mm cone filter, there ratings are for n/a engine power not turbo powered engines.

4. Theres useful guide on here for the 225/230 same size as the 250.

5. Sorry, the 225/230 are smaller, but it is the sizes ive posted above. My itg come is the jc60/67 filter if it helps.

6. Problem I see with all these aftermarket mods nice as they are, is they all suffer the same problem of being open type filter in hot engine bay. The smallest amount of warm air will deplete the engine efficiency to varying degrees. What about utilizing a closed filter body somewhere in line (probably the existing filter bay) and feeding it with cold air pipe directly from front grill that way banishing any possibility of hot air entering the filter system.

7. Cheers all and Ryan thanks it does help
    Bobsan ideally id like a spare bonnet to experiment with some flush bonnet vents like the sapphire Cosworth
    Hopefully solve a bit of heat although quite alot speak of no difference
    I'm doing it just to experience the noise for abit and if I don't like it it'll be off before summer

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just get a proper intercooler if your really worried about IATs.