Issues uploading remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bowen, Apr 9, 2016.

1. So today was remap day, exciting. Well almost.

Took ok my car to a local tuner, left it there and upon my return...doom and gloom. Apparently they had uploaded a map and the car accepted it but on test it would stutter at 5k rpm, almost like a limiter. I didn't go on the test so I can only repeat what I was told.

Anyone had similar issues or suggestions? (RS 250 for info)

The he tuner didn't charger me and said they'd look it to it.

Cheers

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'd take it elsewhere, Sounds like they don't know what they are doing with the Conti ECU in them.

3. Think I may go to RSTuning as they seem to favourable with Meg owners.

4. Basically he said don't waste your time with people who don't know what they're doing. You can trash an ECU if you're not careful, but yeh RStuning have at least done a fair few of them by now.

5. The megane has some sort of temperature limit on fluids that prevent remapping until the fluids cooled. That could well be the issue if the map wouldnt upload.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The coolant limit wouldn't of effected it if they got the map on it and it caused a stutter/hesitstion.

7. It's with local tuner in Cardiff. I've used them countless times before with good results. This just pickled them.

The map loaded and the performance increase was their but "it was like a limiter kicked in around 5k rpm".

They've suggested fresh plugs so I've ordered them up OEM Ngk. Will see if that makes a difference.

8. I live in Cardiff and couldn't find a tuner.....used Gotboost in Bridgend for mine, reasonable price, while you wait and great smooth results of 310 hp!
    Recommended

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. My faulty thermostat would only let me get to a max of 5k.
    Worth mentioning

10. Sorted. Fitted NGK plugs, uploaded the map and perfect. Proper machine now.