Is this a genuine R26?

Discussion in 'eBay Items, Pistonheads & Autotrader Ads' started by S43, May 29, 2017.

1. S43

S43

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

comes up as a R26, when you view it see if the vin has CM2H in it

3. What makes you think that it's not, the fact they've put 'frugal' in the advert? :smile:

eddie ninja likes this.
  4. Everything looks ok to me.

I didn't know that about the vin though *rushes out to check

5. its common for dealers to get confused between the meganesport variants.
    looks fine to me..and the price seems good from a dealer,if its in as good a nick as they say.
    make sure its had a cambelt,
    look at the condition of the brake disks,
    make sure it doesnt have ditch finders on it
    on the test drive make sure the gearbox and steering both self center.
    has it had a clutch?,as really it should have a new DM flywheel as well with a clutch change..big money..and its at that mileage that a clutch will be on the limit.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  6. Stonking and frugal.........

Danith likes this.
  7. Mine's a 57 plate and is number 1883 so ties up. Weird that some come with the 'MEGANE' badge on the boot though. Didn't think the RS' did - surely not an 'option'?!

8. Badge was standard. A spiffing feature.

Leigh and Danith like this.
  9. and looked awful..instantly removed..

10. S43

S43

Nice one cheers for the help. Yeah gonna look at one on sat closer to home fingers crossed lol. Whats the deal with the recaro mounts should they have the car number on them or is it an aftermarket fad? Is there any differences in the F1 stickers for the bumpers to tell between genuine and fake ones cheers again.

11. I had similar questions when I was looking.

The stickers on the mounts look pretty good to be fair, but they're aftermarket.

As for the decals on the bumpers/doors/roof etc - I read somewhere that the renault f1 team writing is smaller on the replicas but I think a better way to tell is to feel the thickness of the decal - The genuine ones are very thick, almost like plastic, and as you can probably imagine, the replicas aren't.

Hope this helps and good luck.

12. Genuine stickers are a lot thicker. Theres a guy who makes bloody good reps tho, from Poland.
    Genuine stickers are mega expensive.

13. S43

S43

Cheers for the info guys just trying to get the best I can for my budget!

Leigh and Danith like this.
  14. Wish I'd read this 2 months ago ;-)