Is my car cup or non cup version?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Collins, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Hi all,

I have an MK3 Rs but i don't know if it is Cup or not. :sweatsmile: The last owner said that it has Cup running gear with H&R springs. Can you buy a Cup chassis without LSD? How can i check that this is Cup?
    My brake calipers are non Cup silver but my rev counter is Yellow. I'm so confused :smile: Thank's for your answers.

2. aaa

aaa

Collins likes this.
  3. AFAIK:

Cup chassis always has the LSD and red calipers. Pre-2014 Cup cars also have grooved discs. Ride height is also a tad lower but harder to spot since you're running H&R springs.
    Yellow rev counter is standard on the RS250, regardless if it's a Cup.

LSD gearbox has partnumber PK4-018
    Non-LSD is PK4-019.

Collins likes this.
  4. Collins likes this.
  5. Cup chassis includes the lsd. Has the red calipers and grooved discs as standard on 250/265. Obviously someone could have changed the discs as I have on mine but the silver calipers to me suggest it’s a non cup.

Give it some on a roundabout. You’ll soon tell if it has an lsd or not

Collins likes this.
  6. So the guy lied... But it doesn't matter, for me it feels like a cup version :yum: Thanks for the help!

7. This is great, ive sign up and have the full spec of my car which is showing I have everything :tearsofjoy:.

However a question, as my 265 has the leather seats i assumed that maybe mine was a lux with steevs and cup pack as an option however its showing that cup chassis is standard and not an option....

so my car is showing that cup chassis and leather heated seats as standard with the following optional extras:

Unless its a run out model as mines a late 2012 pre facelift and I believe facelift came out late 2012?
    - RS Monitor
    - 19" steevs with red rim
    - electric and heated mirrors
    - Bi Xenon pack
    - front and rear sensors
    - Red design pack

So what version of the RS is mine? is it a cup? not that it makes a difference as ive got the cup pack either way but interested to know if its factory cup with lots of options or a non cup with cup pack and lots of options..... hmmm:yum:

Unless mines a run out model as its a late 2012 pre facelift and i believe the facelift came out in late 2012