Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by vW3iW6hX, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Not my first post, as I've already posted for and received advice in a couple of the other forums, but as of April I'm an RS265 owner and (mostly) loving it.

I've been a hot hatch person for years, starting with a diesel Leon Cupra and Mk1 Fabia vRS, a couple of Clios (a leggy as f**k 172 and a much nicer 182 about 2 months later), a Civic Type R, and most recently a Fiesta ST that someone kindly took off my driveway to improve the visibility from my front door to the road.

So having hovered around the 200bhp mark for my last 6 cars I decided it was time for something with a little bit more and picked up a black 12 plate RS265 full fat with Cup pack (I think that's the right terminology; I have Bluetooth, AC, keyless start, LSD, and as far as I'm aware the Cup suspension) plus the optional 19" wheels, satnav and leather Recaros. As far as I know it's all standard but even with the recent car theft I managed to find affordable insurance that covers modifications at no extra cost so I could see a basic remap in the near future...

I realise these threads usually come with pictures but I've got all the way to the end of the post and realised that the only pictures I have on my phone are various dashboard warning lights so I'll have to do that part later!

Beau likes this.
  2. Welcome to the club!

3. Hi and welcome along :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Welcome. Hope the toerags leave this one alone. Hope you get any issues fixed and enjoy the ride.

5. Thankfully I'm in the habit of "double-locking" from the Fiesta which turns off the keyless entry on the Megane, and I've invested a whole fiver in an RF-blocking pouch to chuck the keycard into at night. So short of doing the physical security side (which I don't really want to do) I think I've done what I can on that front. I wasn't a fan of getting keyless again, but other than that the car seemed pretty perfect.

As for issues, there was a brief period where it had cost me more than double in pounds than miles I'd put on it, but a trip from Nottingham to the coast sorted that out :smiley: and hopefully we've reached a mutual understanding where I'll give it all the maintenance and upkeep it deserves (with the help of Diamond Motors), and it won't suddenly crap out on me again.

Beau likes this.