interior temp sensor for air con

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by rockabilly, Apr 22, 2020.

1. hi guys. had my megane 250 regassed today after fitting a new condensor and dryer and high pressure switch, fans coming on but not cold no leaks. plugged it and iy says the interior temperature is -26.3 degrees?. so i presume its the sensor. so pulled the glove box and found what i think is it,,long 3 inch black sensor with a bi metal strip. two grey wires dissappear behind the heater box. anybody had dealings replacing this sensor?. cheers bernie

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

normally its in the rear view trim i thought

3. cheers matt. there is a speaker type cover. so removed the interior light unit. theres something there but not sure what it is. like a little round speaker,

4. Did you get to the bottom of this?
    I'm getting the same temp reading, but just trying to find where the sensor is.

5. Turned out to be the clutch on the compressor had sheared

6. Righto
    Was the temp reading unrelated then?

Or reading correctly when a new pump was fitted?

7. Was right when the clutch was changed somehow

8. I see. Were you able to just get the clutch/ pulley replaced rather than the full pump unit?

Think I've seen someone do this with a 225?

9. 1603a367-1a8e-4d81-91fe-f298281c75c2.jpg yes on the 250 rs the air con compressor is clutch less. but its driven by a plate that shears off. it can be changed in the car but tricky. i di mine in the car. the parts about 35 quid delivered. to check start car and see if the shaft in the centre of the compressor is turning whilst running .if not it needs the drive kit..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283609072936 View attachment 34362

10. top one is correct, bottom pic centre sheared off