Interior LED change.. now broken

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Davyy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Was changing the interior bulbs to LED’s.. put the last one in which didn’t work, and now none other than the drivers side door work. I guess ive blown a fuse.

I cant find a diagram anywhere.. does anyone know which fuse it is that I need to check? Thanks

2. If you are certain its a blown fuse you could try checking across the tops of them with a multimeter, if you have one, whilst the power is on. Otherwise try pulling them out individually and you should be able to see which ones are broken.

Changed my interior bulbs over a while back and some of them didnt work to begin with but suddenly started working after a day or two and have been fine ever since.
    I tried using the manual before but it didn't seem to match up with all the fuses I could actually see fitted in the box.

3. Were you changing them when they were on?

4. LED bulbs in my RS 250 caused a few random problems with ABS and traction control lights coming on.

Spoke with Two Techs at the time and they had rarely seen lighting problems on the MK3 Megane. It was there advice to remove the LED bulbs following similar lighting issues they had with one.

Sorry that does not help with your fuse question!

5. I managed to fix it.. 10amp fuse was blown. Changed the below fuse..
    nope. After reading quite a lot of people have had similar issues.

Yeah i’ve read of a few issues. They are working for now so will see if any other issues are caused.

70DE8B19-FCB0-40B6-B3AA-3E8081E9847D.png

Beau likes this.
  6. Which ones did you buy?

7. Canbus AAAACDC7-62AD-49D3-B8B8-61592271C2A6.jpeg

8. I meant which ones, as in where from

9. Couldnt tell you other than AutoLedUK

10. and just for ref that same 10amp fuse covers:
    Glove box
    Left side boot light
    Front and Rear courtesy light
    Both courtesy mirror lights
    Rain sensor
    Front px door light

11. thanks. Do you know which fuse does the driver door light?

12. same

13. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I've had loads of issues with led interior lights, thinking its just easier to put normal 501's in, maybe some blue glass ones for a whiter light

Beau likes this.
  14. The major issue with LED lamps is that they, unlike the standard Tungsten type lamp have a Positive and Negative and they draw a lot less power that the normal lamps.

with modern "intelligent" ECU's and sub systems it sometimes just needs to fit the lamps, (a knowledge of the + / - of the connectors is handy or a Multimeter), and then switch off all the power for a few minutes and the lamps will "Magically" start working when the car is restarted, (the system resets and does not see the circuit as "broken" - This is especially important with the CanBus monitored cars that need a special LED to be used)

15. Never had a problem with the one I got, have had them fitted to two meganes and my clio, no issue