intercooler pipe work for 250/265

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ovy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Ovy

Ovy

On the previous generation 225/230 ect the pipe from the fmic to the throttle was easy to change as it was a silicone pipe connection to the throttle end not a plastic flange hence lots of hard pipe kits available.
    on the 250/265 the cold air side pipe is a narrow plastic thing and I can't seem to find an uprated one so I'm toying with the idea of having one fabricated to incorporate the sensors and flange and redesign the whole fmic setup
    as this narrow plastic pipe seems to be back to front in design be Renault standards, ie ...
    the hot pipe side goes via larger work pipe the short route to the intercooler and the so called cold side runs a longer route across the back of the hot area behind the radiator then does a full 180deg tight turn into the throttle again the 225/230 ect was the other way around I'm sure. For the price of a quality fmic like airtek forge ect.. Seems pointless to just add one to this pipe work.
    Anybody tried this or have thoughts on it?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its more effort and money that what its worth. It isn't a restriction and i don't think you would benefit from it much. I know of Meganes that have ran 400+ on the stock pipes.