Intercooler Choise mk3

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Guilledippolito, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Hello friends, I need buy a intercooler for My Megane 3 RS. I need to know about Airtec choise or Warner Tuning choise, please help. Use Track Day, thanks.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

2. From previous experience of the Airtec, i would go for the Wagner. A lot of people seem to go on about them, but i have no experience of them. The choice is yours. There are others available i.e. Forge, Pro Alloy.

Guilledippolito likes this.
  3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I have an Airtec and did want to swap to a Wagner, however if recently seen mixed stuff about how it flows so unsure now

4. All the intercoolers seems to get mixed reviews, i would save yourself a few quid and get the Airtec

5. What are the forge IC's like?

6. The same as all the others, get mixed reviews

7. If your going intercooler solely then Wagner have some cracking reviews but Pro Alloy do a Water Cooler aswell that comes as a full kit to cool the turbo because the water pressure builds high through boost in the gears

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Water cooler is nothing to do with water pressure. It's purely to get coolant temps down. Which imo is a design flaw as the cooler is so tall it blocks the rad.

The true solution is a proper oil cooler.

9. Yeah sorry Jamie your right meant to put Coolant temp tbh i've been told to try waterless coolant in it meant to reduce the temp majorly