Intercoler for Tank or ..

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Filo, Jan 8, 2021.

1. I bought an Airtec intercooler on eBay auction . it is heavy as if it were made for a tank.
    How heavy is the factory intercooler for 225 ?
    Maybe I bought a copy . Fake

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

aftermarket intercoolers are heaveir than oe because the thicker and bigger and built better.

does it have a scoop on it?

3. Not that heavy as it’s alloy.
    Did you buy the airtec from a reputable place, end tanks should have a raised airtec logo on them.

4. no

Attached Files:

5. If its airtec they have a plaque with date and who made it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

6. thats a chinese cooler.. no better than standard..

7. s-l640.jpg

looks like one of these..NPI,winner racing etc..no scoop on the front to be airtek..

8. matt e

thats definitely not Chinese, its airtec but a early one. its got airtec embossed on the end tanks

9. The 70mm Airtec weighs ten times more than the crappy OE one so if you compare both, yes its heavy.

10. I have to admit I’m a little disappointed with that weight .I probably missed it but I didn't read the weight information anywhere.

Attached Files:

11. Looks like the same as mine but without scoop

12. Is there any other manufacturer that makes it a little lighter ?

13. matt e

aftermarket will weigh more the the standard though because of core, i wouldn't worry about the weight of them

14. As Matt has said, benefits of it will massively outweigh the cons.

15. Thanks guys.
    in the spring it is scheduled to open the engine. I'm slowly assembling the parts.