265 Intake Manifold temperature too high

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dgwz, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem on high intake manifold temperature (thru data log) by my tuner after changing the hybrid turbo for my megane 265
    As high as 59 degress when my RPM reaches 6K rpm, on full throttle.

Where else 43 -50 degress from 3-5K rpm on full throttle as well.
    Tuner suspected Intercooler damage? any of guys face anything of this before or is there anything else I could check?

Appreciate your feedback guys :smile:

2. Are you running above 1.5 bar boost on a standard intercooler?

3. Think you need a bigger cooler

4. Yup, on 1.6 bar on the last dyno with stock intercooler....

5. Bigger cooler needed

6. Thanks Steve.
    Any recommendation on the aftermarket intercooler which is something similar with stock IC ?

7. Forge is the one I'd go for all though there are cheaper on the market which others say work fine, I'd choose forge though

8. I like the look of the black airtec one with red logo think it would look good on my black r26 It's personal choice though at the end of the day

9. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Yes. Get a bigger cooler ASAP. Speak with Track Focus Direct on here and get one of the airtec coolers.

10. Yeah Id go with the Airtec cooler

If you want the Forge cooler go for the shorter 'hot climate' one. My mate has their standard tall cooler on his Stage 1 250 and during the summer the fan is constantly coming on because the radiator cant get enough air.

11. Thanks guys for the recommendation....

Any pic of the Airtec Intercooler ...?

12. Thats a bit of a R&D faux pas!? :confused:

13. Ktecs intercooler ( aka Pace ) is a fantastic fitment and I've yet to see any overheating issues all coupled with greatly reduced intake temps and a genuine small gain mid range.

14. I have several friends of mine who had tried KTEC n forge has overheating issue....as our country 365days on average of 33 - 34 degrees...

Thanks Ben_r1, will probably give them a buzz....:wink: