Insert mounts

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Steve1, Jun 5, 2015.

1. I've done the top left Insert mount which other ones are their is it just the gear box one, can't seem to find them unless I call K-TEC in the morning

2. Great , thanks so their are 3 more then

3. I think so mate? Only just looking at these myself, getting a small knock if I'm a bit harsh on the clutch, so guessing the mounts are getting a little tired.
    I think the is a lower engine mount, gearbox and a dogbone mount for the box too.

4. Cheers for the love link, just ordered them

5. Don't think I will be far behind you, will have a look on dialogys in the morning make sure that's the lot.

6. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

are these okay then, or is it worth paying for the vibratec mounts (road and track use)

7. I've only fitted top left engine mount insert and can all ready tell it's been done, so the other 2 inserts will be more than good enough

8. How easy are they to fit steve sorry about inbox being full by the way. Jets sorted now?

9. Top one is dead easy to fit mate, the other 2 will be even easier as I'll not be doing them lol, yes mate jets sorted just needed to trim a bit off each end

10. Might have to get this one now. I've got the rear lower one fitted already.

11. [​IMG]

All for £60 :wink:

12. Is it suggested these go into new engine mounts?
    Reason is my rear and my cambelt ones,are shagged so deciding if new mounts, or these are the answer (don't really want to buy both).

13. Same question as Giles above. What's the answer to this?

14. No need to buy new mounts just inserts lads.

15. Share the knowledge! Where are these from lol

16. Sound. How do they fit? Just wedge in? Or have I completely got the wrong idea?
    I haven't had time to read up on them properly yet

17. Yeah they're all push fit inserts mate. Just remove the old insert and all its residue, any grease and rust and then use soapy water to get them in. Just don't use any chemicals on them. It's a relatively easy job if you have the tools

18. Cool, sounds straight forward.
    I've changed the rhs mount in the past and had to take the weight from the engine. Is it the same for the other two or can they just simply be removed if the rhs mounts still in place?

19. Craig if you hang on for today, I'm trying to sort a group buy for these, will post the details later.

20. Yeah mate both fairly easy. Battery and tray removal for the lh one and the rear is two main bolts and its attached to a mount into the sump which is another two bolts and 3 bolts to remove the actual bracket it's attached to.

If Boardy gets a group buy on I'm definitely in and I'll do a guide as I think bushes and inserts are going to be on most people's agenda with the cars coming to that age. I know a lot of mine are looking worse for wear

21. ianplymouth

Hi Boardy
    Put me down for a set please

22. ianplymouth

Has anyone tried the black ones, i presume they are harder as they are for racing.

23. Ian I'm just about to do a new thread can you please keep a look out and post in this one what you require.
    I have just had an email with the discounts that are being offered.

Thanks

24. Good man, il keep an eye out, I'm definitely in.

25. Black ones are the track focused ones yeah. I think it's either yellow or purple that are the road series

26. Where from pal?