R26 Injectors

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pagey3103, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Can anyone give me an idea of when injectors need cleaning or replacing. What are the signs / issues when they need replacing ?
    thanks

Simon

2. Coughing/spluttering on idle.

3. I've noticed there is a small intermittent vibration through cabin when idling like a cough but If I'm stood at the back I don't hear a spluttering from the exhaust. Any ideas on cost to clean them

4. If they really need doing it should be quite a pronounced splutter when standing at the tail pipes and mine flashed the EML a good few times as well.

I took them out and got them cleaned and it cost £60 plus postage.

The car idles perfectly now and no EML light.

5. Think mine may need a clean to I've noticed in the last week or two theres been a slightly rough idle :worried:

6. Get it done. I'm getting 2mpg more everywhere and it idles perfectly. Well worth it.

7. Ive notice mpg has dropped by 2-3 and accelerqtion doesnt seems to be as feisty but then im due a service soon. Do they have to be taken out and sent off or can they be cleaned while in the engine, i need it for work you see so cant be without it.

How do you remove them any how?

8. http://www.rsmegane.com/showthread.php?3235-Removing-Injectors is the guide to removing / refitting them.

Yeah they need to come out to be cleaned properly running injector cleaner through the fuel tank will probably not do a great deal!

You can take it to an asnu centre who will do it the same day or you could buy some second hand ones to send off to be cleaned?